three

"why aren't you back with taehyung?" he growled, pushing namjoon back. namjoon's heart sank to his stomach. he stepped back quickly. the other walked towards him, feet stomping.

"answer me," he growled again. namjoon refused to. he walked backwards quickly. a fist was raised. he grabbed namjoon's collar.

"disgrace!" he shrieked. namjoon waited for the blow.

"namjoon?" a soft whisper called. namjoon flung his eyelids open, panting. he quickly looked around, finally remembering he was in jin's apartment. he looked towards the whisper, finding jin, still wrapped in a blanket. his eyes were still droopy, but they still showed concern.

"you alright, dear?" he whispered again, slowly walking towards him. namjoon was thankful that even in the state of panic he was in, that he remembered that dear was just what humans called a 'pet name' or 'nickname'. namjoon scooted over to let jin sit down next to him, and he shook his head "no".

jin nodded, stifling a yawn. he grabbed one of the other blankets and wrapped it around namjoon, wrapping an arm around him after. "do you want to talk about it? it might help a little. calm your mind down, yeah?" his voice was still in a low whisper, and namjoon was thankful, it being a large contrast from the yelling in his dream.

"just a nightmare," namjoon muttered. he absentmindedly rested his head on jin's shoulder. jin nodded. namjoon wasn't going to say much else, so he just rested his head on namjoon's rubbing namjoon's arm. he began to speak about the weird dreams he had had, and smiled when namjoon began to laugh.

___

after a couple more hours of sleeping, jin had to wake back up for work. he quickly got ready, making sure not to wake up namjoon. though he tried, namjoon still woke up. namjoon got ready too, and after an hour, the two were out the door.

once they arrived at the café, jin unlocked the door, immediately setting the boxes of new pastries on the front counter. he walked to the backroom and set his coat on the rack. namjoon did the same. jin wiped the tables, set out the new pastries, and started up coffee. he stretched a little, rubbing his eyes, and waited for the other employees to walk in.

before anyone walked in, namjoon quickly tugged on jin's sleeve.

"Uh, jin..." he whispered.

"yes?"

"i still don't have my sunglasses, and my irises are bright blue,"

jin widened his eyes, looking at him.

"oh shit! i forgot about your sunglasses!" he gasped, taking off towards the backroom. he dashed through the lost and found. he found a pair of sunglasses, and sighed in relief, giving them to namjoon to put on.

"these will do for now," employees and customers began to walk in, and namjoon sat in one of the back tables, calmly reading one of the books jin had brought him. every now and then, jin would check on him to make sure he was alright.

"are those my sunglasses..?"

"oh boy,"

____
dont you love it when i dont most something for 5 years lmao
- jadey