Kyrie Irving

You quickly walked into the packed arena trying to get in before the game started. You promised your bestfriend you'd be there to celebrate her boyfriends game while they were being presented with their championship rings tonight. You walked in getting in you seat next to your bestfriend Teyanna. "Hey I was starting to think you wouldn't make it" she stated, over-exaggerating. "The traffic was annoying, I should've left earlier". You took your jacket off, it was warmer in the arena than it was in the cold Cleveland air. "Yeah I forgot to text you about that, my bad". She laughed. You looked up at the scoreboard, it said about 10 minutes before the game would start so you knew the ring ceremony would start any second now. You watched as each Cavs player lined up on the far side of the arena facing the large stand the held to diamond encrusted rings that you knew had to cost a shit ton. You had met some of the players through Teyannas boyfriend Iman. Of course she met Lebron, Tristian, and Richard Jefferson. But some were so busy over the summer she hadn't had time to meet them at any of their get togethers.

You had always wanted to meet Kyrie though. You always thought he was an incredible basketball player. You somewhat knew of the rules of basketball, but after the past NBA Playoffs, you were somewhat of a fanatic. Any game you could attend, you made sure you were there, no matter what city it was. DC, LA, NOLA, Charlotte, it didn't matter. Your job of being a well known model often had you flying around the county as well as the world. You continued to watch as NBA Comissioner Adam Stern presented each player with his ring that shone in the lights of the many cameras flashing in the arena. You made sure to cheer extra loud for Iman when his name was called, he turned towards Teyanna and blew a kiss her way, you smiled at the gesture. When Kyries name was called you couldn't help but feel your heart warm up. You kept it a secret from people that you had a slight crush on the man, being as you were adults. You were somewhat of a low profile celebrity, you didn't let the media in too much. If anyone knew about your sophomoric crush, you didn't know what you'd do.

You caught Kyries eyes looking in your direction, but you weren't sure if he was looking at you or just in the direction. He slightly smiled and walked away to go to the team huddle. "Oooooooohhhhhhh" you heard from beside you. You looked at Teyanna who was staring at you, "What?" you asked confused.

"Don't act stupid! I saw you and Kyrie smiling at each other" she smacked her lips, "Y'all niggas ain't slick".

"I didn't smile at him" you said defensively. Watching as the Knicks got ready for the jump ball. "Oh aightt" she said with a smiled. In my head I questioned if he was really smiling at me, I at least hoped he was.

~

As the game went on, it was clear that the Cavs were the dominant team. You cheered as Lebron pulled off dunks that you didn't know we're even possible. Kyrie was showing off incredible moves as he dazzled the crowd with his spontaneous handles. Over the course of the blowout win, you and Kyrie shared looks and smiles even while he was on the bench. It was clear that the two of you were feeling each other, even if you hadn't shared a word yet. Around the end of the fourth quarter you decided to head to the bathroom, being caught in the traffic was not an option again. When you got back the game was just about wrapping up. You and Teyanna gathered your things to get ready to head to the back and wait for Iman. They were planning a celebration/party at their house and you were going to ride over and help out.

Players come out one by one over the next 30 minutes. Iman, JR Smith, Tristian, and Kyrie all come out together, "Hey baby" Iman greets Teyanna with a kiss. "Heyy, y'all whooped they asses out there" she said loudly causing you all to laugh. "Who's this?" Kyrie questioned towards me. "I'm Y/N, Teyannas bestfriend, nice to meet you Kyrie" you shake hands with him and JR. He smiles as you two shake hands, "The pleasure is all mine". Everyone continues to converse for a while, talking about anything and catching up. You and Kyrie talk amongst yourselves, slightly getting to know one another. "Well we gotta go set this shit up, see y'all later" Iman says to the guys. They all do their extremely long handshake and we go our separate ways. In the car, I sit in the back seat when I receive a text from Teyanna.

Bestie👯❤️💛: Should I give Kyrie ya # or nah?😂😂

You: I can do that myself Thankyou very much

You heard her laugh from the front seat, "Have it your way" she said. "Thanks Burger King" you relied sarcastically. Iman started busting out laughing, "I swear you so corny man" he said still trying to control his laughing. "Right!" Teyanna screamed laughing along with him. You giggled silently, you knew couldn't Joan on them, your jokes were corny. Iman continued to drive until they got to their expensive mansion. Everything was almost all setup, it would just be the team, and their significant others with them. No kids allowed. There were drinks set up, they would watch the San Antonio Spurs take on the team they just spanked in the Finals, or any other game that was on. There was food set up in the kitchen, the backyard was open so anyone could sit out at the pool. They would just need help cleaning everything up after the party. It was about 10:30 when the team started showing up.

Lebron brought his wife, JR brought his wife, Richard brought a random lady (no one knows if he has a girlfriend or what), Tristian came alone because Lebron said Khloe can't come around the team, Kyrie came alone, and so on. As the party went on, you could feel the alcohol making your body feel heavy so you decided you had enough. You dance a little than went out to the pool, with Teyanna and a few other wives. They knew who you were so, there wasn't a need to introduce yourself. Teyanna had given you a bathing suit since you didn't bring one, so you could get into the pool.

Your hair was tied up and you were floating around the pool. You could feel yourself calm down as the alcohol was still coursing through you. After a while, you closed your eyes and floated on your back around the pool. You heard the ladies say they were going inside, so you were left alone. The slight wind caressed the trees, and you could hear crickets in the background. The mood was extremely calming. You heard someone jump into the water away from you. You jumped up and looked down into the water seeing a shirtless brown skin Kyrie. Smiling as he came up, "Why you out here alone?" he asked. You shrugged your shoulders, "It's quiet out here. Helped me calm down" you said.

"Oh, you okay? I could help you calm down" he winked and laughed afterwards. "Is that right? I'm alright now" you said. He nodded and began swimming in a circle around you. You swam around the pool some more. You two talked some more and got to know one another better. You two had been in the pool a while but neither of you noticed. "So I was wondering..." Kyrie said, "You wanna go out some time?" he rubbed the back of his neck. You laughed a little and he looked up, "Of course I'd like to go out with you" he smiled and leaned closer to you. You looked up and kissed him, it was a soft peck, but you could feel the fireworks in it.