Chapter 24: Lucian's Secret

Last Night was great! We went out to eat with Joe and everyone. I think life can't get better, but it does :). But Lucian is coming over today...... I can't just text him and be like "Yeah you can't come over." I could, but he was so happy when I said yes. UGH! What happens if he knows Joe? I just hope not. I get ready for hell (School) and right about to get my stuff together Joe walks in.

"Hope, you ready?" he yawns.

"Yeah." i said.

"Hum, what's the matter?" he asked me. How does he know? I give him a confused look.

"I know when their something wrong, now spill it." He said crossing his arms.

"Well....." I sat on my bed. "Theirs this guy, and he said he needed help with Math, so I said he could come over." I said waiting for Joe to say something.

"I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as you don't-" I wan't going to let him finish that.

"Ok NO! He has a Girlfriend, sadly." I said the last part quietly so Joe didn't hear me.

"Alright good, what time will he be coming." He asked me. I was surprised Joe wasn't picking up on what really matter here.

"Right after school." I said.

"Alright, I'll pick you two up, lets go." Joe turned and started to walk. I followed.

"I could tell him he could just get a ride." I said.

"why do that? that be a waste of time." He said.

"JOE!" I yelled. He turned fast to me in shocked. "Don't you think he might know who you are? and if he finds out that your my dad he might freak out, tell everyone at school, and also know where YOU LIVE!" I yelled. Joe was in shocked.

"Is that the real problem?" He asked. Joe is getting me pissed off.

"Yes." I walked to the door. No one said anything till we got in the car.

"Hope, I know your worried no you will like you for you, but you already have friends who do! I can tell you, they still will. Even if they find out about me." He said.

"I've never had friends before, and in all the movies things change and friends only are friends with people because they have something they want, and they don't have." I said.

Joe stopped the car. "Look, Hope movies aren't real. They will like you for who you are and if not, Fuck them." He said. I looked at him and smiled. "If it make you feel better i'll just stay in my room the hole time this boy is here." He said.

"Really you'd do that?" i asked. He nodded. "Thanks Joe, Sorry too." I said.

"Don't worry about, now go to school." He said. I got out and waved bye.

Later at Lunch......

"Hey Hope do you have the History homework?" asked Bella.

"Yeah, I'll email you it." I said putting food in my mouth.

"Thank you, My mom would of killed me if I forget it, again." She said. I smiled and nodded. Soon Anne and Bryan showed up.

"Hope! So I heard Lucian is coming over to your house." She said. I almost chocked.

"WHAT! WHO SAID THAT!" I yelled.

"Everyone is talking about it." Said Bryan. "They all think he is cheating on Alice." He said. oh shit.

"Oh My- if Alice finds out i'm dead!" I said.

"OOOOO so its true!" Anne said.

"NO! I'm only helping him with math, that's all he asked." I said looking over at his table.