Chapter 2

Your POV-

"Dan, what do we do??" I started to panic, I can't let her get into my life again. "Daddy! Mummy's breathing really fast!!" Dee yelled, I could see Timmy at the end of the hall crying "mummy!!" Dee screamed at me, making my breathing speed up even more.

"Kids leave mummy for a second, she just needs to get her breath back, go into the living room and watch YouTube" Dan herded dee and Timmy into the living room and once I was sure they couldn't see me I held my head in my hands and curled up into a ball.

"Love, you need to calm down, you're scaring Dee and Tim" I groaned and unfurled myself, Dan kneeled down next to me and stroked my hair. "Don't worry, I won't let anything bad happen, ok?" I hate my mother so much, she's caused nothing but trouble for me and the people I love. "Ok" I mumbled in between sobs, Dan wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly "don't cry over her, she's not worth your tears".

I walked into the living room where Dee and Timmy were watching Sean and Felix on their iPads. "Mummy, are you ok?" Timmy looked up at me and hugged my legs "I'm fine darling, keep watching YouTube for a little bit and then we'll visit uncle Phil and PJ" Timmy started jumping up and down "yay!".

Dan followed me into the kitchen and we both sat down at the dinner table "what should we do about herma? You know we can't let her near the kids" I held dans hand over the table and squeezed it tightly "I know love, I know" Dan let go of my hand and rubbed his temples.

"Maybe we could get Phil and PJ to look after them for a week or two while we get things sorted out here" that seems to be the sensible thing to do, they're both on winter break for another 3 or 4 weeks and Herma doesn't know where PJ and Phil live so it would be safe for them there.

"Ok then, we can talk to them about it when we visit them later" I suddenly felt a pang of guilt in the pit of my stomach, what kind of a mother am I? I can't even take care of my own kids. "You're making that face again" Dan stated "huh? What face?" He looked concerned for me "that face you make when you're worried or guilty" damn it. He knows me too well.

"I can't help it, it feels wrong sending the kids away" Dan held my hand again and looked me in the eye "we don't really have a choice" that sentence made my skin crawl, the fact that Herma can so easily ruin the plans for not only my life but my kids as well, makes me want to break something.

"Look on the bright side, at least we'll be kids free for a week or two" That's my Daniel, always trying to cheer me up when I feel down "I love you bear" he smiled at me and I smiled back "I love you too".

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻