I'm Inlove with my Bestfriend

Start from the beginning

She asked him another question the following morning when they were at the university.

“Shin, you know I want you so much. How about you? Do you want me?” Shin gave Airi her shoulder bag as they stopped at her classroom.

“No. See you later.” Then he kissed her on the cheek. I won’t give up! Maybe he’s teasing me. She desperately thought.

Upon reading a romance novel, Airi wanted to hear the words 'I’ll do anything for you, Airi' from Shin. She went to his house and asked.

 “Would y-you do... anything for me?” Her teeth were chattering from the cold. He sighed and averted his gaze from hers. He answered, “No, now come in and let me warm you up.” He held out his hand for her and pulled her inside.

They were walking from the bus station to Airi’s house when she suddenly stopped walking.

 “Hey, Shin!”

Shin stopped and was surprised to see Airi was far away from him. “What is it?!” He called back.

 “Would you cry if I left!?” She raised her voice so he could hear.

He stared at her, pain reflected in his eyes. He shook his head and he mouthed the word ‘No’ for she wouldn’t be able to hear him anyway. Airi stood still staring into space; she was brushed off by the people around her. He ran through the crowd and grabbed her hand.

Shin glared at the man who pushed Airi. “Airi, are you alright?” He asked as he turned his attention toward her.

Without looking at him, she asked her last question. "Shin, choose: Your life... or me?”

“What a silly question Airi. Of course it would be my life.” He smiled.

“I’ve had enough.” Airi said.

“What? I can’t hear you, come on, let’s go somewhere else.”

“Don’t touch me!” She smacked his hand away.

“You don’t really like me Shin. A simple yes from you is all I wanted. Yet you couldn’t give it to me. Why? Are you trying to force yourself because I’m your best friend? I’m your childhood friend?” I don’t regret falling in love with you though.

“You’re free now.” She bitterly laughed and turned away from him.

Shin stood there not believing what he had heard. His feet were rooted to the ground. No... No... We’re not going to break up... Are we?

“Airi! I won’t allow this!” He tried to move and thankfully he was finally able to.

Airi ran while Shin chased after her, but it was not easy for him because of the thick crowd. Damn it!

“Airi! Listen to me! The reason why you never cross my mind…” He could hear some girls giggle around him. Hell! Let them hear it! “... Is because you’re ALWAYS on my mind!” He called out to her. But Airi covered her ears.

“No! I don’t want to hear it!”

“Damn it, Airi!” Shin bumped into an elderly woman. “Ma’am, I’m sorry.” He bowed before her and lost sight of Airi when he lifted his head. Where is she? Shin asked himself, but he continued.

“The reason why I don't like you is because...”He covered his face with his hand and with a muffled groan he went on. “I LOVE you.”

Shin was really, really shy with saying his feelings. He’s afraid that Airi would be turned off if he gets mushy and all. So he decided to show it through his actions. He wrote a lot of poems for her.
On his test papers, he would never forget to write her name. He calls it his charm. Airi was everything for him.

The crowd stopped what they were doing. They looked at the young guy on the side walk. He’s good looking. They thought it was a shooting so they held their breath as he began to pour out his feelings.

“Airi! Where are you? Damn it! I don't want you because I NEED you.” Shin heard someone whistle from the crowd. Hell, where is she? This is really embarrassing. Then he thought that he had already started, so why stop now?

“The reason why I'm not willing to do anything for you, is because... I’ll do EVERYTHING for you.”

“I wouldn’t just cry if you left me..." His voice was softer now, “I would die.” Yes, I would die.

Everything was futile if she was not there... If she was not listening.

Airi finally stepped out from behind the hotdog stand, the crowd made way for her. Her cheeks were wet with tears.

When Shin saw that they were looking from behind him he turned and locked his gray gaze on hers.

“I chose my life… because YOU ARE MY LIFE, Airi.”

He held out his hand and smiled at her. “I’m in love with my best friend and... I can’t see anything wrong with that.”

---THE END---

This was the story I made upon reading a random message on some site.

A girl walks up to a boy she likes and asks him this.
Girl: Do I ever cross your mind?
Boy: No.
Girl: Do you like me?
Boy: Not really.
Girl: Do you want me?
Boy: No.
Girl: Would you cry if I left?
Boy: No.
Girl: Would you live for me?
Boy: No.
Girl: Would you do anything for me?
Boy: No.
Girl: Choose--me or your life
Boy: My life.
The girl runs away in shock and pain and the boy runs after her and says...
The reason you never cross my mind is because you're ALWAYS on my mind.
The reason why I don't like you is because I LOVE you.
The reason I don't want you is because I NEED you.
The reason I wouldn't cry if you left is because I would DIE if you left.
The reason I wouldn't live for you is because I would DIE for you.
The reason why I'm not willing to do anything for you is because I do EVERYTHING for you.
The reason I choose my life is because you ARE my life.