1.) Reaping

~I don't own any of the Hunger Games, or Inuyasha characters, only Mayumi!!!!~

Staring up at the cloudless sky, in the forest past the District 12 boundaries fence, twirling a kunai on left forefinger, yet having my miind wander through random past memories.

~Flashback 2 years ago~

Staring at Kagome on the ground, a hole in her stomach with blood seeping out profusely from her hand covering, and the completed Shikon Jewel of Four Souls in the other. "Sis, you know I can't make a wish! Please we need you! I wanted to see a smile on your face with Inuyasha, and knowing that you're not having any problems!" I exclaimed sadly, tears mixed with blood splattering her face.

"You'll be just.... Fine. Just believe.... And protect the.... Family...." Kagome explained, her eyes looking up to the dark sky, the jewel falling out of her hand. I could feel my heart's positive emotions become locked away deep, having eyes turning black.

~End~

Tears falling from the corner of eyes, having to bite lower lip from starting to hiccup. *Rustle* *Crunch* Falling to the ground on pure instinct, placing kunai handle into my mouth, yet forgetting about my bag showing through the grass. "Gyah!" Being lifted onto a strong broad shoulder, dropping the kunai.

"Found you 'Yumi. Your usual spot to hang out or to get away from all the stress." Katniss called, tossing a bag next to mine. Grumbling under breath, placing my elbows on Gale's back.

~5 minutes later~

"It's not funny! I literally thought that you guys were Peacekeepers!" I excalimed angrily, biting into a roll that was buttered from Prim's goat, Lady, leaning my back up against Katniss' back. Pulling out 3 glass bottles of soda, smirking victoriously at there surprised faces.

"Oh. Happy 75th Hunger Games~" "~And may the odds be ever in your favor." Gale started, while Katniss and I finished in a Capital accent, giggling in humor. People say I'm not related to Katniss, but it's true that I'm actually related.

"Shouldn't you girls be getting ready, Yummy? Catnip?" Gale asked sarcastically. Chucking blueberries at his face, laughing at him trying to dodge.

"You're one to talk, but I'm going on home. "Big Brother" would be wondering where I am." I scoffed, downing the rest of my soda, standing up in the process.

"See ya."

~20 minutes later, after taking a shower, in Victor's Circle~

Staring at the dress on bed, eyes turning dark red, yet having to bite lower lip from crying. "It was Sango's final Reaping dress, and she wanted me to give it to you after turning 16." Inuyasha explained, walking by my doorway in his coaching outfit. The dress was an ice blue that looked like a frozen ocean. Wrapping my bangs around my head, making a braid headband, leaving the rest of my midnight black with bluish tint hair hang loose, curling lightly into slight waves.

~45 minutes later after video~

"And now as always ladies first...." Effie explained into the mic, then walking towards the girls clear glass bowl. I could feel Katniss's hand shaking lightly, waiting for the girls names to be called.

"Primrose Everdeen and Mayumi Taisho." Slowly walking past all the girls, having to clench my hands tightly from crying.

"Prim.... Prim! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute for Primrose Everdeen!" Katniss shouted, pushing pass the Peacekeepers out of the way, looking at Prim and me. Looking up at my brothers sitting on the stage, seeing Inuyasha trying hard not to burst out yelling by clutching the armrests tightly as I walked to stand next to Effie.

"I bet my buttons that your all family."

"I'm there cousin." I said into the mic, looking at Effie like she's taking a drug that makes her have short-term memory loss.