Chapter One

Wang So, the now Emperor of Goryeo, drags his arm across his table, wiping the table clean and pushing all the plates and cups to the ground. The room is filled with the sounds of glass breaking.

Baek Ah, the thirteenth prince of the royal family, flinches at his fourth brother's sharp outbreak.

"It was Wook," So says, looking deep into nothingness with rage in his eyes. "He came up with everything," he continues, his teeth clenched. "He started it all."

Baek Ah tries to speak, but he is silenced with a hiss from So. "How dare he use the throne to try to manipulate me," he takes a deep breath, his face stiffening and his eyes widening with fury.

"Your Majesty," Baek Ah says worriedly as he looked at his brother rot in his anger and worries. "You should investigate."

So raises his left eyebrow at this statement and gives a piercing glare. "Whom do I have left?" he asks. "I only have you and Soo," his voice hardens, and his fists tightened slightly on the small wooden table which once held all his plates and servings. "Because of Wook... Soo thinks I'm a monster. I will make him pay for that," a small little smirk started to tug the corner of his lips.

Click!

"Hey!" May shouted angrily at her mother. "Why did you off the TV? I was at the most exciting part of the latest episode!"

"And I should care because?" she asked. May shrugged. She smiles victoriously. "Go to bed."

"Mom...it's ten. It's ten o'clock and  you say, 'It's so late at night'?" May said.

"Watch the drama tomorrow." Her mother simply said, ignoring her last words. "It's not like Scarlet Heart is going anywhere," she scoffed and pointed to the stairs.

"Fine," May said reluctantly with clenched teeth.

She went upstairs and processed the words in the latest part of the episode. 'Chae Ryung is dead, Eun is dead, Yo is dead, So's mother is dead, Taejo is obviously dead, Moo is dead, Myung is also dead, and Wook might just meet his end, considering the look on So's face... It's so goddamn exciting.'

She reached out to turn her bedroom doorknob, but her eyes instinctively glanced to the balcony. The sky was a beautiful mixture of dark blue and bright dots, like glitter sprinkling on the surface of the sea. She thought she could spare a couple of minutes enjoying the night sky, seeing how early it was to sleep anyway.

She gazed upon the stars, and she envied how beautiful they looked.  She let out a sigh. She wished an eclipse were to happen tomorrow, and she could be in Scarlet Heart too. She wanted to fall in love with one of the princes, she wanted to feel pain, happiness and sadness.

One of the stars that night was glowing so brightly that it outshined others, overpowering the night sky. Its beauty immediately caught May's eyes.

Instinctively, she held her hands together and made a wish. Just as she did, the star glowed brighter, and a piece of it fell, like a shooting star flying past the stationary ones.

'I want to enter the Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo drama. I want to meet Hae Soo, and I want to meet the royals. I want to feel life in the palace a thousand years ago. I want to make memories, no matter happy or sad. I want...'

Her thoughts trailed off, and she sighed once again. She knew it was no use trying to wish for something so unrealistic. She walked into her room stiffly and dropped onto her bed.

She slept. Had she not, she could've witnessed something most abnormal. The star she had just wished upon brightness so many people assumed it exploded in the sky. For a moment, the sky wasn't even dark - it was like the early morning sky. The citizens of Korea were in awe as they watched the overwhelming moment. May was the only person who stayed in her sleep, missing the magical sight.