"You don't understand, he's from a different world than I am...if you knew his family..."

"Alright, I'll get the car keys." Jade said, knowing there was no point in arguing.

They rode in silence to the beach house, Belle half afraid that he would send her home and also half afraid that he wouldn't. Jade parked next to his car in the small parking lot.

"Looks like he's home," Jade said.

"Yeah."

"If you need me, just call."

Belle gave a slow nod and climbed reluctantly from the car, as bad as she wanted to see him there was always a fear that he would realize what was happening and reject her. He was throwing his life away for her, and she was a nobody.

She glanced at his car and walked up the small walk way to the porch, she knocked on the door and then waited, nervously for him to answer. What if he was busy? What if he didn't want to see her?

He opened the door, wearing gray sweat pants and a black t-shirt, his hair slightly mussed.

"Belle........"

"Hi....I was...in the neighborhood." She said.

"Dressed like that?"

"Uhm...."She blushed.

"Come on in," He moved aside and she timidly crossed the threshold.

He closed the door and she turned to face him, her nerves on end and suddenly this felt like a bad idea.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I....just thought yesterday you seemed kind of down."

"I told you it's nothing for you to worry about."

"But I do....though...I worry that someone is going to find out, I worry that you're going to change your mind I worry that...."

"Woah, wait. That's what's bothering you? You think I'm going to bail on you?"

"I'm not your type....I..."

"Belle, I've never given a single thought to leaving you."

He took a step closer, one hand lifting to brush her cheek gently. His fingers toying with a loose curl.

"Is that what the make over is about?" He guessed.

"Well, it sounds stupid when you point it out."

He shook his head and using his thumb gently wiped away the red lipstick.

"It's not stupid, but it's also not necessary. I don't want you to be anything but who you are."

She leaned up on her tip toes and kissed him, he didn't respond at first then slowly he leaned down to her level, his arms going around her waist. This time when she started to pull away he followed her, applying just a little more pressure, seeing just how far she was willing to take this. To his surprise she didn't back down, didn't seem frightened or intimidated by him.

They were interrupted by a loud crack of thunder and a shutter slamming against the side of the building. He pulled away and moved around her to look out the window, the wind was definitely picking up and the sky growing dark.

"I need to close the windows and shutters," He said moving towards the door.

"Can I help?" She asked.

"Close all the windows, I'll go outside I don't want you to fall."

She moved quickly through the house, sliding the heavy windows closed and all the sliding glass doors. For good measure she also closed all the curtains.