"If you had let me finish," she answers back in a short tempered way. I watch as she folds her arms over her chest and pulls her shoulders back so that she appears taller, not that it worked because compared to me, she's still a short arse. Her eyes seem to darken with annoyance but only serves to make her look demonic, which is apt. She is a fucking demon. Dan should run. "I was going to tell you that you were about to fall off the ladder, but next time I know not to bother saving your life."

She gives me a death glare, spins on her heels and stomps off towards the coffee table that's in the centre of the living area. "I was only a foot off the ground," I tell her. "I think I could have survived that fall, thanks, Sophie."

"More's the pity," I heard her say to herself.

I spent the next five minutes finishing off the line of bats that now adorned the white wall before grabbing a bagful of spiders and some double-sided sticky tape. Kneeling at the door, I began to dot the spiders in a zig-zag motion up the panels, making it look like it was a game of Follow the Spiders. I'd heard from Daniel that Sophie wasn't a fan of creepy crawlies, which for an Aussie like myself, was really fucking funny. Who doesn't like spiders? I mean, I could understand if it was a Huntsman or something because they are monsters, but the house spiders here in the UK were nothing compared to what I grew up with. How could anyone be scared of something so tiny and unthreatening?

"What the hell!" Sophie screamed, presumably upon seeing the fake spiders that I was sticking to her door. "No, take them off."

"No, you take them off," I challenge her. If I was right about her pathetic phobia, she wouldn't even touch a joking spider so I think my meticulously placed arthropods were here to stay until Dan took them down tomorrow. "I think they add character. You should keep them up all year round."

Feeling a little proud of myself, I smirk at Sophie before walking passed her and heading down to the basement level where the kitchen was

Feeling a little proud of myself, I smirk at Sophie before walking passed her and heading down to the basement level where the kitchen was. I still had a fistful of spiders and decided that they would make the perfect centrepiece for ice cubes. Finding the ice tray in the freezer, I fill it halfway up and place it back in the minus-five degree compartment. Once it had frozen, I'd place the spiders on top and then fill the other half so that the spiders were in the centre.