Chapter 6

Thank you all again for continuing reading this book. I hope you are still enjoying the story.

Xoxo
Fifi

Paige P.O.V

I awake for the second time that day with a little finger prodding my face and the cry of a baby in the background. It takes me a few moments to process what's happening around me before the events of the previous night come flooding back to me.

Standing in front of me is Madison, with her ratty blanket in her hand and a yellow pacifier hanging from her mouth, she looks adorable standing there.  Before I can ask her why she's poking my face, an unbearable stench hit my nose, which signals the reason why she is actually standing there.

For a moment I panic because I knew we don't have any nappies to fit her, as we only prepared for daisy and she was the size of a newborn.

As Maddie stands there waiting to be changed, I finally think of a way to get a nappy that will fit her comfortably. Attempting to crawl out of bed without waking Caleb seemed pointless as I'm pulled back down as soon as I sit up. Caleb's arm was yet again slung over my waist pinning me to the bed.

I unravel his arm from around me delicately and place the limb back on the bed, he doesn't even stir and a sigh of relief escapes my lips.

Taking Maddie's hand in mine I begin the walk to Chris's room in search of a pair of his nighttime pull ups. Once entering his room the sound of faint snores reach me and it's then I know he's still asleep.

Creeping over to his black chest of draws, I search the compartments that would contain the products used for a nappy change. While I search, Maddie continues to stand next to me with her eyes absorbing all the toys littered across the room. I make a mental note to myself to buy her a few toys when I go out later for supplies.

I finally find the stack of pull ups and grab a few before taking a packet of wet wipes, cream, and a handful of nappy bags. As well as those I take a pair of red pyjamas from one of the draws to change Maddie into after her bath.

Juggling the items in my hand I manage to steady everything before taking Madisons hand back in mine and leading her across the landing and into the bathroom.

I safely put all the contents from my arms onto the floor before placing a towel down to change Maddie. Doubling the towel over to make it more padded I settle Maddie on the floor and make sure she's comfortable.

Quickly changing her nappy before she gets fussy and wiping all over her body with a wet wipe before slipping Chris's spare pyjamas on her. They are way to big on her but until I go out later they will do for the time being.

She is also going to be getting her bath later because I want my mum to help with the temperatures of the water and to make sure Maddie's safe when she's in the bath.

Cleaning everything up I dump the waste in the small bin in the bath room before scooping Madison up. She starts giggling at me on the way back to my room as I make silly faces at her. Smiling brightly at her I was amazed to get a toothy grin in return.

Noticing that Caleb was still asleep in bed I decide to place Maddie with him in the hopes that she'll go back to sleep. That obviously wasn't going to happen and as soon as I place her on the bed she jumps onto Caleb with a scream. Clearly she isn't as shy as she was last night and is slightly comfortable around us now.

Caleb shoots up in bed before frantically looking around for the source of the scream. I try to hide my grin when he casts a glare in my direction as if I'm the one to wake him up. He grabs Maddie into his arms and starts tickling her all over making her erupt into giggles.