Two Artists in Love

Your POV

The clocked slowly ticked away the minutes, nearing the time of our dismissal. As the teacher dragged on, my attention started drifting from the lesson over to the red-headed boy sitting next to me, completely zoned into his drawings. His pencil moved across the page with ease as he created a new panel for his comic. I've always admired how talented and expressive he was with his work. He was a very amazing and passionate artist and I wish I was as gifted as him. I loved to watch his eyes stare deep in focus on the tip of his pencil as he drew something new to the page. There was something about the way he drew that was just so memorizing. I kind of wish he'd focus his attention on me the way he did with his art. Whenever he even peaked over at me, my heart would fill with joy. I always felt a very warm and fuzzy feeling around him. Even just sitting here next to him made my heart skip a beat.

Suddenly his arm shifted and his paper was hidden from my view. I was surprised at first, titling my head and blinking in confusion before looking up at Nathanael and seeing his sapphire eyes staring at me in embarrassment. His cheeks lighting up to match the colour of his hair. I could feel my own cheeks beginning to heat up as I just stared at him blankly.

After what felt like hours, I quickly shifted my gaze to my notebook that was covered in my own drawings. "I'm..I'm so sorry.." I mumbled out an apology to him. I began to feel the heat burning off my cheeks and my heart beat quicken. I could still feel his eyes gazed upon me, though I saw him turn the other way without saying a single word, making me feel awkward about the whole situation. I placed my hands over my face, groaning a bit. This wasn't the first time Nathanael has caught me looking at him/his drawings, though he's never reacted quite like that before.

He'd peak over at me through the corner of his eyes, then I'd notice his cheeks light up, then he'd slightly turn his head to face me and give me a rather confused/embarrassed look, as to ask me why I was looking, I'd always go bright red and go on a mini ramble about how I'm sorry, and he'd brush it off by giving me an awkward yet warm smile, then go back to his drawings, leaving me in a daze. This though, was the first time he hid his drawings from me, like moved it away from my view. Suddenly the bell rang, breaking me from my thoughts. I was free to run from my embarrassment but I didn't even want to look up, just in case I accidentally made eye contact with Nathanael. I kept my hands on my face. Not wanting to leave until I was sure everyone else was gone.

Just as I thought I had waited long enough, I heard someone approach me. "Y/N..?" The voiced asked. I knew exactly who that voiced belonged to. Marinette. Her and Alya were my closet friends. I uncovered my face to see them both there. "Is everything okay?" She asked before noticing how red my cheek must have been. "You looked a little..embarrassed." She frowned as she stood next to me. Before I could say anything, Alya piped in. "Someone caught staring again? I swear you both are like love sick pups." Alya snickered at the two of us. Alya and Marinette both knew I really liked Nathanael..and that I was maybe always kind of staring at him. "Alya!" Marinette looked over at Alya, her arms crossed. I perked up a bit seeing my two friends joke around. "I'm not a love sick pup..Marinette on the other hand..you might need to call the vet for her." I laughed a bit, making both of the girls looked at me. Alya laughed along with me while Marinette huffed.

"You girls just need to straighten up and tell those boys how you feel!" Alya exclaimed loudly, her arms thrown up in the air for some dramatic affect. Marinette was quick to cover her mouth, telling her to be quiet or someone would hear her. That was easy for Alya to say, the girl was so confident and brave, and didn't care what others thought. Marinette and I on the other hand, weren't as confident...well Marinette is a very confident girl..but she's a stuttering mess in front of Adrien. "I can't just tell Adrien how I feel! He probably already thinks I'm a mess!" Marinette groaned upset, putting her hands to her face. "Girl, you are a mess but Adrien is too nice of a person to think that!" Alya comforted her friend, patting her back lightly. Marinette's facial expressions changed as she sighed and looked up dreamily. "Yeah..he is a really sweet person." She hummed out happily.