Chapter 5

Leila's P.o.V

I was woken up by Eliot shaking my shoulder. "Lei Lei wake up" he yelled. "Go away or I will fucking kill you" I muttered into my pillow.

"But I don't want to die!" I said in a fake whiny voice. Eliot is the only person in my house who doesn't care if I curse. "And it's din din time" he sang out loudly.

"But Eliiii I don't want to get up" I groaned. "But Leilaaaaa I don't actually care" he said stealing my blanket.

"And now I'm cold tsk tsk tsk" I said waving my finger in front of his face."And now I'm annoyed tsk tsk tsk now get up" he said clearly annoyed.

I did a huff sat up and carefully got off the bed. I walked into my room and brushed my hair then walked downstairs to the table.

As usual everyone was already sitting down. I carefully sat down making sure not to hurt my bottom more. I wasn't hungry so I just laid my head on the table and started drifting off as the others had conversations with one another.

"I have an announcement" Zach said standing up with some girl who I didn't even know was here. He looked over at the girl and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"Me and Kayla are getting married on June 16" he said happily. Hmm June 16 that date sounded familiar. my dance competition! This was nationals I couldn't miss this I've dreamed about doing this competition since I was little!

I shot my head up from the table and looked at my dad. He had the same expression as me. I couldn't tell Zach this. He may not have been there my whole life but he is still my brother.

Without anything to say I stood up and walked upstairs. I got in my room and started pacing. After thinking for awhile my brain hurt. I slammed my face into my pillow and screamed as loud as I could.

The pillow didn't really make it quieter. I was so frustrated I need to do this competition! But my brother was getting married! Once again I screamed and punched the wall as hard as I could.

It didn't do much damage just made a really loud noise. I looked down at my fist it was already turning a purple color. I honestly didn't care I was just angry.

I'm probably gonna have to go to his wedding and miss the most important competition of my life! For the third time I let out another frustrated scream.

But instead of a short scream it was long. I ran downstairs still screaming then I went outside and started screaming louder.

This is what I always do when I'm mad sad annoyed hurt I just scream until it hurts. When mom died I just kept screaming for as long as I could then let my voice rest for a while then do it again.

We didn't really have neighbors we lived more in the country area of California.

After awhile of screaming my throat started to hurt so I stopped an sat down in the grass.

I let some tears slip as I tried to decide what I was gonna do. I laid back in the grass and thought about mom. She would know what to do.

My brothers wedding or the most important competition of my life. Without anything else to do I decided to ask god.

"Dear god please help me know what to do. I can't decide on my own and they are both really important" I said quietly as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I was still saying part of my prayer when I heard the back door open then close. I finished talking to god and looked to see who it was.

It was...Kyle..? He ran over to me and picked me up then set me on his lap. " I know about the competition" he said.

"Yeah I know" I said with a loud sigh. "What are you gonna do?" he questioned. "I don't know what would mom do?" I asked.