▪six▪

Chapter Six ≈ Friends

Nate yawned as he planted his face onto his pillow. Matt and him have been talking and he suggested an idea to hang out with other people. Nate agreed since one, he doesn't have friends, two, he stays inside too much and three, new friends.

Matt suggested to wear something comfortable since his friends are super crazy and well.. Their stupidity levels are quite high. Nate laughed remembering his face and his lighthearted tone. He rolled around and looked at the wall for a few moments, before sitting up and grabbing his phone. He unlocked it and was met with a text by Matt and a tweet he put out a few minutes ago. He pressed the text first and read it.

To: NateIsBattling
From: Matt💚💙

hey, you ready yet? text me when you are, i'll drive by. xx

To: Matt💚💙
From: NateIsBattling

Yeah I just need to change. Pick me up in 15? xx

Nate smiled and sent the text before moving to Twitter and liking and retweeting Matt's tweet. He sighed, placed his phone on the table and bounced to the closet. He opened it and picked out a red shirt that had Laigi running away from a Bao. He grabbed black skinny jeans and ruffled his black hair before adding his glasses to the mix. He smiled at himself and walked downstairs, texting Matt.

To: Matt💚💙
From: NateIsBattling

Change of plans, I'm ready now. xx

To: NateIsBattling
From: Matt💚💙

good timing, i just pulled in. vroom vroom, come outside. xx

Nate laughed, slipped into his shoes and threw open the door, closing it before running down the pavement into the car. "Hey!" Nate smiled and closed the door, buckling himself in. Matt smiled and kissed Nate on the cheek, making the musician turn red like the shirt Matt was wearing."Hi." He smirked, pleased at the reaction Nate gave and turned to the road, backing out and away from Nate's house.

[×]

Nate was excited. He haven't met another human being in years, except his sister, millions of pizza guys that arrive on his doorstep, and Matt too. He did say his friends were sexual and he did say that his friends brought his other friend that recently found his Soulmate. Nonetheless, Nate was excited and Matt could obviously see that.

Matt parked a few feet away from the other cars and turned to help Nate out of the car. Nate smiled, bowed playfully, and turned to stare at the luscious trees and the sunlight glowing behind them. Matt laughed and grabbed something from the trunk. "Come on, let's not be late okay?" Nate blushed and ran to catch up with the surprisingly fast brunette. "Will your friends like me? Will they be disappointed by my features? Is my hair okay?" Nate blabbered and his fear levels were rising quickly. He wanted to actually befriend Matt's friends. He actually wanted friends. Matt rolled his eyes. "I'm sure they would love you." Matt kissed Nate on the cheek again, letting it linger and glisten on Nate's skin. "You'll be fine."

Nate blushed even harder and his fear levels were depleting. "Right." He muttered and touched his cheek where he still felt the soft outline of Matt's kiss. Matt laughed again and they gained a bit of speed. But Matt couldn't erase one thing from Nate's mind and that's the fear of meeting new people. Meeting Matt wasn't hard since they were destined to be together but the fear of meeting his friends and hoping that they will accept him is honestly scarier than any game Scottina Cowthan can produce. As they went deeper into the park and they turned a corner, Nate could see Matt's friends yelling and throwing things at each other. He instantly grew shy and wary of his actions.

"Hey!" Matt yelled and stopped once they reached the bench they were seated at. Matt dropped the box he was holding and sat down, gesturing to Nate to sit as well. Nate sat and smiled. "What took you so long?" A slight tanned man with fiery red hair spoke and looked directly at Nate. "Oooh, who's this?" He smiled. Matt blushed and moved the box off the table. "Well, this is Nate. Nate, meet Mark," He pointed at the red haired man. "The other Matt, we call him Matthew, or Thias." He switched and pointed to the guy next to Mark. "And I don't know the other two that well. Mark, care to introduce your friends?" Mark nodded and turned to the guy sitting at the edge of the table. "That green haired freak is Jack. And his Soulmate is..?" "Calvin." A thick Irish accent flowed from Jack's surprisingly red lips and he turned to smile at the paler man beside him, a red snapback covering his face. Nate could swear he has seen them before but decided not to question it. "Right. Let's get this shit started!!" Thias smirked and grabbed the box tucked between Matt's legs and slammed it on the table. "Careful!" Matt shot up and gripped the box, stroking it. Thias laughed and used his nails to rip the tape off from the top. "Hey, you actually brought food!"

"Well obviously, you all will die without me!" Matt laughed and brought a brown basket out and placed it gently on the table.

Mark stood up as well. "I can do well without you, thank you very much!" He grabbed the box and pulled out paper plates and silverware. "Holy shit, you brought the real ones. " He awed. Matt nodded and let Thias pull things out. "Yup. I'm not into those cheap ones." Nate was overwhelmed and just admired the atmosphere that Matt's friends gave out. It made the newcomers feel nice and welcomed. Nate decided to speak up. "Hey, I love those fork-spoon hybrids!" Jack pushed the empty box off the table so he could see Nate. "Sporks! I actually brought them!" He laughed and began searching his pockets. "It's in your butt pocket." Calvin chuckled and made Jack stand up, before grabbing the sporks and laying them on the table.

"I'm not eating with your butt-warmed sporks!"

"It's the best quality!"

Nate laughed and grabbed the plates. "Shut up and use the sporks, man!" He passed the plates. Mark sat down and reached down to grab a bunch of cans. He brought them on top of the table and exclaimed. "Hope ya guys like Fanta!" He broke four cans and tossed them to everybody. Matt crossed his arms and glared at him. "Excuse moi, where's good kush?" Mark winked. "I gotcha!" He exchanged the bunch with a diet coke can and tossed it at Matt.

Everybody settled down and was eating heartily. Thias swallowed and turned to Nate. "So, where do you two meet?" Matt swallowed and looked at Nate's red face. Nate smiled. "Well, we were on top of a mountain and I was about to push Matt off bu-" Matt interrupted. "That was way less epic than we actually met!" Thias and Mark laughed. "Okay, okay." Nate chuckled before continuing. "We actually met first at a party, but then Matt ran away-" (Mark snorted. "Sounds like Matt.." "Hey!") "-but then we met again at a supermarket and now here we are!" Nate smiled and planted a kiss on Matt's temple, making him blush.

Jack swallowed. "How did you two meet, Thias?"

Thias smirked and looked at Mark's whitened face. "Well, here's a fucking story." He laughed and Mark hid his face. "Okay, so I was with my sister, Sarah when this big doof ran into my sister running away from his own dog." Mark moaned. "Nuuuuu!" Nate, Matt and Calvin all laughed while Jack punched Mark's shoulder playfully. "So when I pulled him off of her and was about to bitch-slap the idiot, my wrist hurt and I knew." Thias paused for dramatic effect. "I was destined to this idiot."

"Why was he even running from his dog?!"

"Here's another story!" Mark laughed.

[x]

Nate waved to his newly founded friends as everybody went their different ways. Thias and Mark was holding hands and walked a bit deeper into the park while Calvin and Jack was trying to carry eachother and run. Calvin was carrying Jack and they were laughing all the way to their orange car. Nate smiled lazily before resting his head on Matt. "See? I told you my friends would love you." Nate nodded and looked the darkening sky. "They really are a goofy bunch.." Matt laughed and unlocked the car. "And you fit right in." Nate giggled and slipped into the car, the car's joystick stabbing his butt while he slipped into the passengers' seat. Matt sat down and slammed the door shut. Nate leaned his head against the window. He yawned and let his eyes droop.

"Hey Nate..?"

Nate groaned in response.

"I...I love you.."