▪four▪

Chapter 4 ≈ Impressions

Nate stayed awake smiling like an idiot. Probably because he met the love of his life yesterday. They scheduled a meeting at 4:00pm and it was currently 3:40. He was still in bed and still wearing his pajamas but he was just so excited he didn't want to leave bed. He finished the song he had trouble with and even started a love song. Maybe a bit too soon since they wanted to take it slow but Nate couldn't help himself. His creative brain cells were shocked awake and he wanted nothing more than to write songs until his fingers eroded. Maybe he should actually get the day started. Nate nodded at nobody and sat up, his legs swinging over the bed. He jumped up and walked to his closet, picking out casual clothes. He settled on a plaid shirt with simple black jeans. It was casual but didn't scream hobo lost in a parking lot.

Nate changed and slammed on his glasses before fixing his hair. He had two hours to kill so he just wrote more meaningless lyrics about nothing in particular. Maybe he should write a song about this TV Show called Steven World.. or maybe a game called Your Night in Fruddy's. The YNAF one had an interesting backstory and the Steven World is just a great TV show with loveable characters. Nate shrugged and looked at his paper filled with short paragraphs. He examined them over again and blushed when he realized it was about Matt. Nate really needs to get a life..

Which reminds him, he was the first to find a Soulmate instead of his sister. He actually never seen his sister since the party incident. Maybe he should call her.. Picking up his phone, he dialed his sister's number and raised it to his ear, hearing the annoying ringing. His sister picked up on the third ring and her voice was raspy like she just woke up. "Did I wake you?" Nate immediately asked, forgetting about small talk. A loud noise was heard and Noelle's groans. "No, I went skydiving at...3:50." Nate clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes at the use of sarcasm. "I was just calling about the party that happened a few days ago? Why did you leave?" "Because the sick friend I told you about? Yeah, she ended up at the fucking party in the pool out back, trying to get into a poor virgin's pants." She scoffed and continued. "Apparently that bitch's mark burned when she drove by the house conveniently." Noelle then muttered a few curses. Apparently cursing was Noel's thing now. "What? Really? She probably lied, ya know." Noelle cleared her throat.

"Why did you leave? I heard from drunkies that you rushed out of the house, what's up little bro?"

"I'm older."

"Let bygones be bygones, spill the details Nathaniel!"

"Okay first of all, it's Nathan! Not Nathaniel-"

"Shut up and spill the beans, boi!" Noelle screamed and Nate jumped, moving the phone away from his ear. "Jesus Christ! Fine fine." Nate looked at his mark and smiled. "So after you left, I went into the party and up the stairs. And the birthday burned. Then this male came into the room and it stopped..ya know..burning." Noelle yelped in surprise and her raspy voice was back to normal. "Whathappenedwhathappenedwhathappened??" Nate smiled and got up, walking around. "But I kind of the impression that I wasn't gay.." Noelle whined. "Nate, the fuck??" "Hey! I was surprised, ok!" Noelle scoffed. "But it gets better. After about a week, I find him at the local supermarket...and we are meeting up today at a coffeehouse.." Noelle screamed out in happiness. "My brother finally has a date, my brother finally has a date!!" She sang as Nate blushed deeply, relieved that she couldn't see him.

"But ya know what that means.."

"....come on! That was when we were five!"