The Truth of Kaitlin Banks.

Chapter 1

It is extremely cold and the scars, cuts and wounds on my small and delicate body are hurting very badly. I am frightened, I am scared, I don't know what to do now or next. Anything could happen. Even though I really badly want to sit down and just give up and stop I can't, I have a mission. I must find my little brother. After the fires started, everything was burnt down and abandoned. Mothers and fathers took their children away and quickly evacuated, but sadly there was no one to take us . Our mother sadly passed away early last year and my poor father was forced to go to the war by the government . All they left us was an empty and lonely small cottage. My mothers last words were "Kaitlin , I am trusting you that you will take good care of your little brother Felix. No matter what happens remember to keep going, believe in yourself, you can do it!"

After thinking about my mother a splash of salty tears dropped onto my sore feet. It stung. My shoes were worn out and my toes were sticking out. I kept walking, I tried running but I had no energy, I was starving . I hadn't eaten in days. I really began wondering how would my poor little brother Felix survive this? Wherever he was I was going to find him.

After walking for many hours it had started to get dark. In a distance I herd a faint sound of crying. I ran. I hoped it was Felix but the sound of crying was really weak, normally Felix's cry was with strength and power.

"Felix , Felix!" I screamed.

"Kaitlin ... Is it you?" Squeaked a small voice.

I ran and cried, "Felix are you okay ?"

As I ran over to hug Felix he fell into my arms. He had fallen unconscious. I touched his forehead, it was burning hot, his face was covered with dust and his arms and legs were badly scratched.

What was I going to do?