How.

Jessica's POV
You know how in fairy tales there's the damsel, and a prince who saves her? Well, this is a story, that is completely different. This is a story of how I the 'damsel' became the most hated and bullied kid in the 12th grade.
   Being me I slowly but carefully snooped through my principles secret drawer in his office. I was trying to find my file to see what I got for the SATs. I looked and looked but there wasn't a file for me. I stood up scratching my head. Then all of the sudden I saw the light of the office turn on. I looked up to see the smug face of my principal Mr. Quarry. "Looking for this?" He said in a smug tone. He held up my file and then walked towards me. I looked up at the valuable paper he held in his hand. "This score might tell me if I'm able to go to Yale." I said. "Yes, well of course. But that does NOT mean you should sneak into My office and say that your innocent." He said in a stern tone. "I never said I was innocent I was just saying th-" " It. Doesn't. Matter. Miss Wedster. You're going to have to learn your actions have consequences. So, give me back my drawer's key." He said. "Fine." I said giving him back the key.
  The next day word got out to the whole school I had snuck in to the principles office and tried to steal my SAT score paper. I was walking through the hall when I was shoved against a locker making me drop my books. A kid named Drax (real name being Drake) was staring right in to my eyes. "So, your a thief now? Ha, I always liked thieves. To bad your goth or I'd be in to you." He said. I shoved him off, grabbed my books and walked to class. Drax stood there waving to me goodbye sarcastically. When I sat down at my desk I heard whispering behind me. "I heard she flirted with Drax." "I heard she kissed him before coming to class". I looked behind me and straight at them. "Ooh and I heard that there were these two girls who wouldn't shut up during class!" I said in a rude tone. I turned back and started to draw. They were quite for the rest of the period.
  When I walked out of class I saw a guy getting laughed at for his glasses. I walked up to the people laughing at him which one of them was Drax. "Hey!" I said. Drax looked at me and I slapped him. "That's for earlier!" I said. I helped the guy with glasses up and walked with him down the hall to the lunchroom. "Hey thanks..." He said. "No problem." I said smiling. "My name's Nigel." "Jessica." I said. We shook hands and went in to the lunchroom.
  I woke up with the sound of rocks hitting my window. Then I got up and looked out my window. I saw that it was Drax and some other popular people. "Hey sweetie! I need you to get me an A in art! Kay? Okay see you later baby!" He said walking away laughing with everyone. I looked down at the ground and layed back on my bed looking up at my plastered roof. A tear fell down my face when I saw my cat Fluffy walk in. I sat up and picked Fluffy up and petted her. I got up and picked up my journal and looking through it I saw all the old photos of me and my friends. Another tear went down my face. I missed them so much. I looked back out my window and continued crying. An hour later I was called downstairs. As I went down the stairs I tripped and fell down the stairs hitting my head on the hand rail. And all the sudden it went black.
  I woke up in a hospital. I saw my mom and dad leaning over me crying. "Well, she got a major concussion. She won't be able to speak for about a month." Said the doctor.
  The next day was worse then all of my school years combined. "Hey Jessie! Jess! My babe, how's my little art project?" Drax asked me throwing his arm around my shoulder. No one at my school knew I couldn't talk except for the teachers and the principal. "Hello? Is my girl in there?" He asked me waving his hand in my face. I shook his arm off my shoulder and walked faster to my class. "She hasn't been talking..." "I know... She wouldn't even talk to the teachers..." "Yeah, I heard she answers questions by writing it on paper and handing it to the teacher..." "Maybe she's just lazy...".
  After class, I walked to the cafeteria. Everyone around me kept talking about me. All I had to do was look at them and they'd stop for a little but then continue when they thought I wasn't listening. Nigel came and sat next to me. "Hey Jessica." He said. I waved at him. "You okay?" He asked. I wrote my reply on a piece of paper. "Yeah I just can't talk cuz I fell down my stairs." The note I wrote said. "Oh, that's terrible." He said. "Yeah I know." I wrote. "Will you ever be able to talk again?" He asked. "Yeah in four months." I wrote. "Well, shouldn't you not be in school then?" He said. "Well, there's only two more months of school left and I need to get into Yale so I told my parents that I was staying in school." I wrote. "Oh."
   The next day was no different then the last. Before I got to school Zi, one of the popular girls walking up to me and slapped my face. I fell to the ground. "Stay away from my boyfriend!" She yelled at me tearing up. I got up slowly and I saw Drax holding his hand out. I got up by myself. "Sorry about Zi, she's clingy. Anyways babe, How are you?" He asked. "Still don't want to talk? Fine. Hey Zi! She got up!" He said yelling to his girlfriend Zi. "Oh you little," she said coming back with three girls. She kicked me in my knee making me fall to the ground. They all started kicking me. When they were done they walked away laughing I coughed up blood and was bleeding from my stomach. Nigel saw me and looked shocked. He called 911 and I heard sirens before passing out. I woke up once again in a hospital. Nigel looked up in relief when he saw me open my eyes. "Oh my god your okay!" He said sitting in the chair next to my hospital bed. I pointed at a napkin and pen so I could write and sort of talk to him. He handed me the items and I started to write. "Zi and some of her friends did this..." I wrote. "What!? They have to get punished!" He said. "There's no proof... Even if we get them to court the judge won't be able to get them thrown into jail..." I wrote. "Ugh, this just isn't fair!" He said. A tear went down my face.
  One month went by with the same torturing and the same amount of bullying and harassment. Nigel and I became better friends. And he is my only friend that I've had since freshman year. Me and him sit on a hill and stare up at the stars until I fall asleep and he takes me home. Drax and Zi broke up, which seemed to be the big news everyone but me wasn't expecting. Drax came up to me one afternoon. "Its your fault! Its all your fault that she left me! Ugh! I hate you Jessica!" He said punching me in my already bruised cheekbone. The principal came by at the same time and saw him."Drake Menter!? What the hell is wrong with you!" He said grabbing his fist before Drax hit me. "It it isn't what it looks like!" Drax said before being dragged to the principles office. Everyone surrounded me. Zi came up to me. "I-I'm so sorry..." She said hugging me. I shoved her away as tears fell down my face and I walked away from everyone and hid under the bleachers. I cried and cried. I looked up to see the principal walking toward me. "Jessica, I'm so sorry all this has happened to a nice girl like you..." He said. "No. No your not!" I said running away. He looked at me in disbelief because I spoke.
    "But. How."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading the first chapter of my short story book! P.s this was about 1485 words so be happy lol. Anyways Bye pastas!