"Logan!" I yelled. "Please, don't go!"

"Next time, Rachel, just lie to me." He sighed when the door unlocked.

Octavia glanced in at me and saw me crying then looked back up at Logan's red face. "Where are you wanting to go?" She asked him.

He pushed out the door passed her. "Anywhere that is away from her right now." He snapped.

Octavia glanced back at me again and I just nodded my head to her. If he needs some space from me, I will give it to him. "Keep him safe." I told her and she nodded her head once.

The door clicked shut again and I walked slowly back to the bed, laying on top of the covers. This is all harder than I had expected it to be. I love Logan, and all he has been for me over the last two years, but...There shouldn't be a 'but'. I should be able to just say, I love Logan. Leave it at that, and be happy, but I can't.

Seeing Calvin again...

I felt things in me I hadn't felt in ages.

I closed my eyes as I hugged up to a pillow, but sleep wouldn't come.

I laid there until the knock came and two girls came in with things to help me get ready a couple of hours later, Octavia following behind them. "Good evening." She cheered as she walked in.

I rolled out of the bed and walked over to the vanity and plopped down in in the chair. "Yep." I nodded and she rolled her eyes.

"Logan is staying in a room near mine." She said. "I'm watching out for him, and he chose not to leave." She said. "He just wanted to get some distance."

"Yeah, from me."

She nodded her head. "What happened exactly?" She asked. "Calvin says nothing happened between you two, so why is Logan so angry?" She twirled her long hair around her fingers, her sculpted eyebrows lifted high.

I leaned back in my chair while the girls brushed out my hair. "Because I'm an idiot and I told him that I pretty much wanted something to have happened."

"Did you want something to happen?"

I sighed, and this time I ignored the question, taking Logan's advice to learn when I should just lie. "How long until the meeting?" I asked instead.

She lifted her arm, checking the time on her watch, then she fanned out her black knee length dress. "They are already gathering now, and we are just going to get you ready then you will head on up."

"Great." I muttered unenthusiastically.

The girls curled my hair and pulled it all to one side, tying it off with a deep blue ribbon, then they applied some make-up, more than I have worn in a long time since I rarely ever use it anymore. When they finished with that, Octavia helped to zip me into a blue cap sleeved, V-neck, knee length dress that had a gold belt that wrapped around my waist, and I slipped into a pair a tan pumps and we were ushered out of the doors.

My entourage of guards was smaller this time, five instead of dozens.

"Your majesty." Cromley bowed to me then followed to my right, while Octavia stayed on my left.

"Don't be nervous." Octavia whispered as we climbed onto the elevator.

"I'm not." I lied, feeling my palms starting to sweat.