Inside is the softest, pale blue ribbon. I pull it out of the box carefully letting the downy material caress my fingers. It is hemmed in intricate white lover's knots, intertwining both our initials throughout the design. A commissioned piece, confirming that his heart is mine.

"I thought you would need a new one after summer. I know your old one got ruined." He says simply.

"Henry," I say in a soft whisper.

I had not thought about the meaning behind the gesture, only thinking of the prettiness of the design. Henry had remembered in a court so busy, with his attention so shared, he had not forgotten my lowly favour, blue and white, and covered in his blood: It was now ash in the hearth.

"I love it," I say sincerely, for I did.

He grins widely at my response knowing my words to be true. I place the ribbon back into the box. "I want to give you your gift tonight," I say.

I lean in and our lips meet. He breaks away looking at me, searching my eyes for confirmation. I lean in again as my answer, this time I am more eager, and my kiss hungrier. He clicks onto my meaning pulling me closer, embracing me tight.

"Are you sure, Kat?" He whispers. "I have waited, I can wait a few more weeks."

A soft growl escapes my throat. "I am sure," I reply grasping him closer.

I have no idea where this yearning has crept up from, shy maid, to eager whore so quickly. There is a need in both of us, as our kisses change from teasing, to animalistic so quickly. Our arms entangle, as we slide our hands across each other's bodies, exploring together from the softness of my neck to the thick sinew of muscle that make up his arms.

I descend down to the hard panels of his chest and in turn he pulls my hood free as his hands sweep through my hair grasping the long locks in tight squeezing fists.

"Turn around, Kat." He whispers his voice thick with lust.

His strong hands spin me around before I can comply with his command, he pulls me back into him as one hand sweeps my hair to the side, baring my neck for his descending lips. I cannot help the girlish giggle that escapes me, as the rough bristles of his growing beard tickle my skin.

We break away in a rush of heavy breathing as he attacks the laces upon my dress. His gaze is heavy and focused on the task at hand. I wait eagerly for his work to be complete before freeing myself of the bodice and sleeves, dropping them carelessly on the floor.

I turn back to taste him once more. His hands roam towards my buttocks and I laugh as he lifts me easily, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist as he carries me towards the bed.

He lowers me carefully, before removing his shirt and untying the laces on his hose with impatient hands. I follow suit sliding my skirt off, kicking it free from my ankles, leaving me in only my chemise.

"Take that off." He says huskily.

I slip the thin material off overhead, baring all, instinctively covering my chest with my arms. His penetrating gaze catches mine and I know I am blushing profoundly.

"Kat." He breathes.

His hand takes a firm grip on my chin, tilting my head towards his descending kiss. Passion flares through me again, and my modesty is swiftly put aside as I fall back onto the bed pulling him along with me.

He trails his lips across my whole body and back. "You are so beautiful." He says his breath catching my neck.

I shiver with the sensation, hardly hearing him. There is a fire building within me, a need, I do not want him to pause in his diligence over my body, not even for compliments. My arms and legs wrap around him tightly, pulling him closer until I can feel the stark hardness of him against my inner thigh.

I gasp, my nails digging into him sharply at the sudden pain of him entering me. Breathing deeply I try to block out the sensation of pain, as he moves in gentle, slow movements. He does not pull too far from me, and I can see him watching, waiting for my pain to lessen.

As my breathing begins to even out and the pain fades into a dull ache he allows himself to move quicker. The action becomes pleasant in an unusual way and soon the aching subsides to a tenderness which can be put to the back of my mind.

The desire which had been there before begins to build inside of me again, I can feel it warming my body, growing in sensation as he continues. His breathing becomes harsher, and his moves more erratic as if he is senses an end is near. Sweat drips from his body dousing me underneath but I do not care, for I find my body is moving with his actions, without thought, and I too am damp from the pent up heat.

He stops suddenly, releasing a feral growl, holding me to him tightly.

I look up and catch his satisfied smile before he pulls off me, falling to my side panting heavily. I lie there next to him catching my own excessive breath.

"Kat, thank you. That was the most incredible gift." He mummers joyfully, I turn to face him, smiling in response.

I watch his peaceful form - until his breathing steadies into a gentle snore -before I decide to make myself scarce. My clothes are scattered across the room in careless heaps, I collect them quietly, before dressing quickly.

I open his chamber door quietly glancing back to admire his godly form resting upon the sheets. I sigh, I am no longer a maid, I, am now officially the King's mistress in deed as well as name. I make my way back to my own chamber, crawling into the lushes' fur, the sensation stirring my still sensitive skin. A pleasant fatigue takes hold of my body drifting me swiftly into the depths of sleep.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x