Ch.6 She'll Be Okay

HARRYS POV.

Its been one week since the terrible accident that put Taylor and Darcy in the hospital. The doctors have been telling us for 4 days that Taylor would wake up, but so far nothing has happened. Darcy is still in a tremendous state. Yesterday was the first day I got to hold her since the accident. She's even more fragile now then she was before. She would look up at me with her big blue eyes and all I could see was hurt and pain. It killed me to see her like this. It killed me to see both of them like this. But I know this is how they're healing. And as long as they're healing, I'm fine. 

The boys come daily to see if I need anything and to check on my loves. Taylor's mom is always here, just like me. It kills her just as much as me to see them like this. I haven't left the hospital. I'm still in the same clothes as I was a week ago. I use the shower here and the boys brought some of my stuff. I'm just afraid that if I leave something will happen or Taylor will wake up without me here.

I was walking in the halls. Just up and down past Taylor's door trying to take my mind off things. Every few minutes nurses and doctors would walk past and look at me with sorrow and pity. I knew I was a mess. Anyone could tell you that. I would break down at night when everyone left. Just looking at Taylor and holing her hand. I cried when I held Darcy in my arms. Seeing her in that state was breath taking and not in the good way.

"Harry." Her mom said poking her head out the door and looking at me. I looked up and waited to hear what she wanted.

"Taylor's waking up." She answered softly. I walked to the door and walked in slowly and quietly.

I watched Taylor intensely, waiting to see movement, any movement really. I watched as her hand twitched time after time. I soon sat down and held her hand in mine. It didn't feel as cold as it usually did. It felt slightly warmer as if it had blood rushing through it quickly.

I stood up quickly as I saw her head move slightly, just an inch. Rubbing her hand soothingly I waited. Soon her eyelids slowly opened and she blinked a few times to get a clear image of where she was.

"What's going on? Where am I?" She asked hesitantly. I got down to the level of her bed and pushed the hair out of her face.

"Taylor, you're in the hospital. When you were leaving the park a week ago you got into a serious accident." I told her calmly.

"A-a week ago?" She asked, her voice breaking as she spoke. I shook my head and looked at her longingly.

"Where's Darcy?" She asked panicked. I looked at her mom and she nodded her head before walking out of the room.

"Where is she?" Taylor asked again. I sat on the bed and grabbed her hand.

"Darcy is......she's in the intensive care unit." I told her.

"W-what?" She said blinking the tears away from her eyes.

"It's bad Taylor. She's so weak. Even more fragile than before. They're doing everything they can to help her." I said wiping the tears off of her cheeks.

"Can I see her?" She said in almost a whisper.

"Hold on." I said standing up and walking outside of her room.

TAYLORS POV.

Harry came back in with a wheel chair and walked over to my side of the bed. I started to move but instead scrunched my face from the pain.

"Stay still, I'll get you." Harry instructed me. Carefully he put his arms around me and picked me up. He set me in the wheelchair and I thanked him.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked me with a questioning look.

I hesitated before nodding my head slowly.

"She's very weak. Its hard to see her like this." He told me before opening the door to the intensive care unit. He pushed me in and I looked around to see tiny babies laying everywhere struggling to hold on to life.

"Its nice to see you're up Ms. Swift." One of the doctors told me.

"Are you here to see your baby?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said quietly. Harry wheeled me over to one of the incubators and I looked down at my precious baby.

She was in a bad state. Worse then I thought. There were thousands of cords and tubes all over her body. Her chest would move up and down quickly. Faster then it did before.

"Would you like to hold her?" A nurse asked. I nodded and opened my arms ready to hold my baby again. She placed the small infant in my arms and I looked at her.

"Oh Darcy." I said in almost a whisper. "You're gonna be alright. I promise. You'll make it out of here." I said choking on tears. Harry squatted down to my level and pushed the hair out of my face once more.

"May the angels protect you, trouble neglect you and heaven accept you when its time to go home." Harry started to sing.

"May you always have plenty your glass never empty, and know in your belly you're never alone.

May your tears come from laughing you find friends worth having with every year passing they mean more than gold

May you win and stay humble smile more than grumble

And know when you stumble, you're never alone

Never alone

never alone

I'll be in every beat of your heart when you face the unknown

Wherever you fly this isn't goodbye

My love will follow

Stay with you

Baby, you're never alone"

He finished wiping away the tears from my cheeks.