the one with the date

S I X T Y  S E V E N

after rambling on facetime with dom for about an hour, matt had decided that he needed to make this 'dinner' that they were gonig to have, the perfect night.

"well, good luck dude." dom sighed, now pretty disinterested in the topic due to matt gushing to him about estelle like a love sick puppy. which is really what he was.

"thanks." matt said with a goofy grin before hanging up the call. the prospect of being with estelle again seemed suddenly so real and he couldn't contain his joy.

stelle
so is there a dress code for tonight? ;)

matt
fancy casual i'd say

stelle
alright then, cant wait :)

matt
get ready for the best night of your life baby

stelle

that fuckin nickname manur gonna make me swoon

ur gonna make me swoon

matt
that's the plan

stelle
wait but where do i meet you?

matt
i'll have a cab waiting for you don't worry

stelle
💘💘💘

the night hadn't even begun and estelle was already late. as soon as she got into her hotel room she threw on the first outfit that came to mind, that being a white roll neck shirt, dark wash mom jeans, a leather jacket and black suede booties. she then, while panicking about being late, threw her hair up into a bun while running down the stairs to get the taxi that matt had arranged.

once she spotted the designated driver she slid into the backseat. "i'm not too late, am i?" estelle asked, her nerves clearly showing.

"slightly." the driver said honestly, making eye contact with her through the rear view mirror. "but don't worry miss martinez, i'm sure that if this matt cares enough to plan all of this for you, he will surely not mind waiting a few more minutes for his lovely date."

"if i'd been told that earlier i could have maybe spent a little longer that 20 seconds on my appearance." estelle sighs, placing her head in her hands while her driver chuckles from the drivers seat.

after a nerve wracking 10 minute journey, the cab pulled over and estelle got out, thanking the driver and placing a 20 euro note in his hand before he could refuse.

then she saw him.

matthew was standing in front of the arc de triomphe, holding box of chocolates in his hands with an enourmous grin on his  face. when he saw her he outstretched his arms and his grin somehow grew, estelle didn't know that was humanly possible. she shyly fumbled with her hands as she shuffled over to him. when the two met estelle was wrapped up into matt's grasp.

matt felt the warmth from her body radiate, heating him up too. he hadn't been waiting too long but the paris air was freezing him. he reluctantly pulled away to look down at the girl before him. matthew couldn't quite believe thst this was happening, here she was, right before him. it was like everything was beginning again.

"are those for me?" estelle asked him tentatively, gesturing to the forgotten chocolates that he had been gripping in his right hand.

this immediately shook matt out of his daze and he realised that he'd been staring at her for atleast thirty seconds. sheepishly, he handed her the box "sorry, yeah." he chuckled, fully aware of how awkward he was being. "you look gorgeous by the way."

"well thank you, for both the chocolates and that lovely compliment." estelle grinned up at him. "i wish though, i got ready in about 30 seconds and i was still late, i'm sorry about that by the wait. i hope you weren't here too long."

"i wasn't, though i'd wait for hours if i needed to." matt said being his bluntly honest self. "it'd be worth it."

a/n;
so here's some trash i put together - this book is ending pretty soon and I'm both sad and excited to be finally done with it.