Epigraph+Prologue

Epigraph

"My love story is one of the most clique, but it started out as twisted as a tornado is. Falling in love with Jax Teller is one of the most difficult things for me to do. He was my brother's best friend for one and for two, Jax still thinks of me as the short little tomboy girl with two dirty blonde braids as his adopted little sister."

Prologue

Opening the door to my brother's house very quietly, I set my bags down in the foyer before tiptoeing around to find someone. Pushing my sunglasses up onto my head. The door to the kitchen creaks as I open it, just as I walk through the door. I am met by a barrel of a gun that is pointed right at me.

"Well, hello. Nice to see you too, Op." I mutter with a frown as I grab the gun from him swiftly. I flip the safety on before handing it back to him.

"Well shit, Harper. I could of shot you. Donna is out with the kids. I thought you were an intruder." Opie tucks his gun back into his waistband behind him. Then pulls me into a hug. I hug him back tightly.

"But you didn't. And I'm sorry that I didn't call. I thought i would surprise you." I mutter. Kissing his cheek before pulling away.

"It was a surprise. Definitely, Harp. Does Pops know your here yet?" Opie leans against his counter.

I shake my head. "This is my first stop." I smile. "When will Donna be home? I wanna see my niece and nephew!" Looking at some of the kids' drawings on the fridge.

"They should be home shortly. How long are you visiting for?" Opie grabs his sandwich he made, taking a bite out of it.

I lean over and steal some fries. "A few days. I wanted some family time before I graduate the Academy. I won't have time to drive down here once I'm officially on the force in L.A." I let out a sigh.

"You know, I'm proud of you. Right?" Opie looks at me.

I nod. "I know you are, Op. And Pops tells me every time I call." I roll my eyes. Pulling out my phone, checking the time. "Where is Pops now? I can go visit with him before I see the kids." I tuck my phone back into my pocket.

"He is probably at the clubhouse." Opie shrugs.  "I could give you a ride there. I'm sure Clay and everyone would love to see you too."

I bite my lip. "I would love too see everyone." Jax especially. I mutter the last bit to myself in my head. Everytime that I have visited, I avoided the Clubhouse for one reason. Jax Teller. He was my first crush. But it never went anywhere because I was ten when I left Charming and I only visited on holidays. And everytime, Jax had a new girl on his dick. So it is best for me to avoid him. Yet I wanted to see him.

"Let me finish eating and we can go. Do you need any help with your bags?" Opie says, taking another bite of his sandwich.

"I just got one bag. And it is in the foyer." I smile.

Opie smiles at me between bites. I tell him about the Academy while he finishes his meal. Once done, Opie leads me out to the garage. "Don't tell Donna that I'm taking you. She doesn't want me in the club business at all."

"My lips are sealed. But I do understand where she is coming from. We just got you back, Opie, we don't the club putting you back in jail. Your kids need you. I need my brother every once and awhile." I wink.  Watching him pull the tarp off his motorcycle, I open the garage door.