1/ Asset Recovery

"I'm sitting contemplating,

trying to crack the combination"

Anthony 'AZ' Cruz – Wanna Be There

"You will face lots of darkness; you will encounter many roads in life. However, pursuing the path of the greater good is often the most challenging."

Master Wah

(City of Philadelphia- not too distant future)

"You can't beat me," slowly growls the six-foot-five muscular henchman whose fists are the size of two ripe grapefruits. This grunting man throws right jabs toward Grayson's torso, and lands a tremendous blow onto Grayson's chest is startled by this assault, it knocks the wind right from his lungs. But, he quickly responds with a piercing elbow attack to weaken the hired hitman's left shoulder. Grayson says, with menacing grin, "Are you feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders right now!"

In the background, Grayson's partner, former Philadelphia Police office now a private investigator, Amara yells, "We found him!" Grayson is temporarily distracted, when suddenly a scarred right handed fist, marked with a distinct tattoo lands on his left cheek, like a one hundred miles per hour fastball from Noah Syndergaard in the catcher's mitt of Gary Carter. The powerful punch folded his skin on his face, slowly followed by a large silver ring that tears through his bottom lip erupting blood and saliva, flying through the air.

Recovering from that devastating blow to his face, Goodman catches his breath and thinks about how he got into this situation in the first place. His childhood friend Dr. Ezra Paul got into deep financial trouble, with some nefarious characters, which in turn put his family's is danger. He could not turn to police. Grayson an ex-special forces agent was the only person he can turn to for help.

This henchman and the other goons are part of a criminal organization that specialize in kidnapping and torture. Both Grayson Goodman and Ezra Paul would do anything to protect their family and friends. Grayson gathered whatever resources to aid Ezra who desperately needs his help.

In the corner of his eye, he notices a very distinct tattoo on the inner wrist of the man beating his face. Grayson recognizes the coat of arms from the Haitian flag; Grayson experiences a flashback. His mind goes dark and a bright light flashes behind his eyelids followed by the thunderclap sound of hammer propelling the bullet out of the chamber. He hears his younger voice yell, "Mom!" Shaking his thought away Grayson returns to the present moment. His thumbs are pressed against the hired henchman's neck, who's having a hard time breathing. His veins on his neck and head are raised like the veins of a ninety-year-old man.

With Grayson's nostrils flared and his eyes shut, his hands are tightly gripped around the henchman's neck. The henchman's' face is turning blue. "Crack! the trachea is fractured, coughing blood. A voice from Grayson's past enters his mind, "You will face lots of darkness; you will encounter many roads in life. However, pursuing the path of the greater good is often the most challenging." Grayson has been on dangerous recovery missions before, however this one was personal. Will the darkness consume Grayson? Amara pulls the trigger of her weapon it moves towards Grayson and the henchman. The ammunition is getting closer and closer to both men. Warning Grayson to get out of the way so she can get to her intended target, Amara yells "Grayson, Grayson, Graaaysooon!..."