sixteen--he likes me

Start from the beginning

she broke out in a smile and wrapped her arms around him. farkle stepped back, stunned by the sudden pda, but eventually hugged back. they stood for a moment, hoping the morning bell wouldn't break them apart.

misha waited a moment before leaning by his ear, whispering, "i want you to be my boyfriend."

farkle pulled away from the hug and grinned.

the bell rang and students scattered from the hallways and to their morning classes. misha sighed, not wanting to leave him for the day. "then it's settled," farkle stated casually.

they parted, scurrying off to their classes, but farkle did not leave misha's mind once until she saw him later that day.

-
it was supper when misha finally gathered the courage to tell her family about her relationship with farkle. her father didn't have an apparent hatred for the boy, yet she was still nervous.

they were having spaghetti that night, miles's favorite.

miles was rambling on about his day as misha nervously spun the strings of pasta around her fork. she was full of anxiety as all she wanted was approval from her father with this relationship. miles and her father were cracking

when misha interrupted. "i have to get something off of my chest," she felt as if she didn't tell them immediately she would explode.

silence filled the room as miles and mr baron stopped their laughter. she cleared her throat and relaxed her shoulders back, "you know farkle right?"

her father chuckled, nodding his head.

misha continued, "well, he and i, we-"

"i know that you are dating the strange boy, misha," her father interrupted. "huh?" misha stopped her stuttering. he laughed again. "it was obvious that it was going to happen eventually. i'm glad you found a respectable boy. i approve, but this is not permission to do anything stupid."

to this comment, miles stood on his chair and wagged his pointer finger at misha. "yeah, that means no funny business!"

misha nodded with a laugh, standing up out of her chair and rushing to give her father a hug. he stood and pulled her in close. they were extremely close, so it's no wonder he knew already. he planted a kiss on top of her head, just like when misha was little. she pulled away with a smile. "thanks, dad. te quiero."

-

the next day at school, misha waltzed into health with a smile on her face. she'd been smiling a lot lately, and her friends took notice of it. she was so caught up in her own whirlwind of excitement that she hadn't noticed riley violently sobbing, in a sing-songy manner, at her desk.

instead of being wrapped up in any drama, misha slid herself into her desk and dropped her bag with a sigh. she glanced at farkle, who sat beside her, with a smile. there was a moment of silence, which misha quickly broke. "health class, huh? i'm surprised you didn't take an advanced class instead," she teased.

farkle chuckled, "despite your bullying, i am actually excited for this health class." misha turned to the board, which read 'OUR BODIES, OUR FRIENDS.' the health teacher stood before them, an overweight man in a smelly blue hoodie. farkle cleared his throat and sat tall in his seat, trying to appear manlier.

"are you threatened right now?" misha whispered, trying to hold back a laugh. the brunette boy shook his head, "to make a long story short, the gym teacher is not a fan of me." she wanted to ask why, but was interrupted.

"alright, all you creepy little child-adults, settle down. let's get this over with, huh?" the man's voice stopped the stir of the room. misha could feel movement behind her, and turned to see riley matthews raising her hand. "ugh, put your hand down sunshine. you'll pass no matter what," mr. fanucci scoffed.

"you know why? 'cause if i fail ya, i gotta meet your parents. i don't want to meet your parents. i don't want to meet you."

the class period that followed included their snotty teacher running through the syllabus as well as some uncomfortable popcorn reading.

when the bell rang, the classroom of freshmen sprang to their seats and rushed out. misha walked out of the room with her boyfriend by her side, listening to him ramble his complaints about the class.

"as a science credit, i just think the class should be tought scientifically, by a science teacher," he shrugged. misha laughed. "a scientist like you? farkle, you can barely stomach that class," she teased again.

his cheeks grew red in embarassment and he shook his head.

misha stopped at her locker and opened it, shoving books inside. she turned to him, "you nearly fainted when we read page 73 in class today."

misha laughed at herself and shut her locker, peering at farkle with a smile. she playfully pushed on his shoulder and got a small grin out of him. "if you aren't pissed at me, meet me at topanga's after school for a study date," she offered.

after school, misha waited for farkle to arrive at topanga's eagerly. her face lifted when he walked into the building. he sat down across from her and apologized for taking long, grumbling about riley's current crisis.

they had a productive homework session, considering all misha could think about was their first kiss and how she wanted to do it again and again and again. luckily, they finished their assignments quickly enough to talk before sarah arrived to pick them up.

at the end of the night, the two walked outside and waited. for the first time, silence loomed over them, until misha cleared her throat. "you know i could just walk home, right? i'm sure you're tired."

"shut up."

farkle reached for misha's face and softly kissed her. it felt straight out of a rom-com for the girl. she noted to ask him if he had been studying the genre. for someone who was completely socially awkward, the boy was one hell of a kisser.

they jumped apart at the sound of sarah's horn honking. the two composed themselves and got into the car, hoping nothing would be addressed in the short drive to misha's. as soon as they buckled up, sarah laughed.

"what?" misha questioned

"it took you two long enough to get together!"