Chapter 1- New Town. New Place. New Start

"It's not fair!" My sister Claire carries on. "You know we have to" Mom replies worriedly while looking at me.

"Bullshit! It's not my fault that Kian-"

"We are not to speak of him." Mom spats angrily causing Claire to roll her eyes as a response. "Well it's still not fair! It's my senior year and I shouldn't have to start all over again because of him" Claire grunts, putting in her headphones and looking out the car window.

New town. New place. New start. That's all I want, and that's what I am going to get.

"We're here, wake up your brother" mom says, I throw a pillow at my little brother Christian. Christian is the youngest out of the three of us, he is 13 and has looks that could kill. There is no doubt that he will have a girlfriend by Christmas.

"What the fu-"

"Language" mom scolds, he huffs and rolls his eyes. "Fine. What the fudge?"

"We are here doofus" I reply angrily, he gives me a death glare as I get out of the car. "Hi, you must be the new neighbors, I'm your next door neighbor Elena Carson and this is my son Ben. Would you like any help with the boxes?" My mom smiles.

"Um sure, thank you" She replies while handing mrs Carson a box that I see has my dad's stuff in it, I sigh while taking the box with my stuff inside.
-------
"I see you like books" Mrs Carson's son chuckles. I nod uncomfortably. "I'm Ben-"

"I know" I reply dryly, not wanting to get to know him. "Ew, you don't want to get to know my sister sweetheart, me on the other hand, well I'm what you call an interesting person" She's not wrong. Claire was lucky and got the Carmel colored hair and hazel eyes from dad, I on the other hand got the bland brown hair and brown eyes from my mom. Claire however uses her looks to her advantage, she was miss popular, head cheerleader, student council president, and was dating the captain of the football team while I watched in the shadows with Kat and Kian.

"Come help me unpack sweet-cheeks" Claire winks at Ben and pulls him away, as usual she takes all the guys away from me, not that I want any in my life right now... not after everything that has happened.

A few minutes later, Ben comes back to my room and says "A couple of my friends and my sister are going to the skate park, do you want to come?"

"I don't want to interfere-"

"She'll go" Claire interrupts causing Ben to smile. "Great, I'll pick you up at six" He walks out leaving me to glare at my sister.

"I hate you-"

"No you love me-"

"Not right now. You know I don't want a relationship because of what happened!" I whisper shout causing her to roll her eyes.

"Cam, you have to get over it, it was a year ago-"

"Get over it? He was our father Claire! A-and you're acting like it was nothing! God, you need to get over yourself!" She sighs. "You're completely right, which is why I will go with you, to you know, make sure he doesn't pull anything"

I grunt angrily while she smirks victoriously. "Oh and you are wearing one of my outfits, not the man clothes that you have so come with me"
-------
To say the struggle is real would be an understatement. My sister's closet is huge so just imagine going through hours of trying clothes, shoes and hairstyles until we finally found one that according  to Claire is "suitable for me"

She picked out a black skater dress with white polka dots on them, and for the shoes I am wearing combat boots, and she did my hair in a braid. As for her, well she of course wore the make up and a skin tight dress even though we are going skating.