Chapter 9

Alison's POV

Okay, I get that Ed is small. But my god, can he snore.

I adjusted my pillow over my head to try to drown out the noise, but good god it didnt help any bit.

Ed was sleeping on the couch because he let me take the bed. Why? I don't know, but I'm not objecting.

Al noticed my struggling and threw a pillow at Ed waking him up.

"What the hell Al!" Ed screamed.

"For such a small person you can wake up the entire block." I said, the pillow muffling my voice a bit.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"Shh, chill out. Do you wanna wake up all of east city!?" I half whispered.

Ed pouted and tried to fall back asleep.

I however, had a thousand things running through my mind.

We've been in east city for almost a month, and not a single lead has come up for scar. Ed and Al have been trying to turn up information about the philosopher stone, but even they haven't had luck.

How long would we be on this case? Another week? Another month? God, I don't know how much longer I can keep with this.
All of a sudden, a huge bang was heard outside. I shot up and looked out the window to see smoke and fire about a block away.

"What the hell was that?" Ed said.

"I don't know..... Let's check it out." I said shooting out of bed.

I was only in shorts and a tee shirt, and slip on shoes that I had brought.

I leaped out the window and landed gracefully on the ground below.

Ed and Al were screaming for me to slow down, but I thought that just maybe, scar had decided to show himself.

I sprinted down the street until he burning building was in view. It looked like a military establishment, but nothing that I had deemed recognizable.

People were running left and right, some in their pajamas, some in military uniforms.

Apparently, the apartment building beside it had caught fire as well, so people litered the street.

"Please!", a woman ran up to an officer," My daughter is inside! You have to go get her!"

The man just pushed the woman aside.

"Excuse me ma'am, your daughter, what does she look like?" I asked her.

"Well... She had short blonde hair, and is wearing a pink nightgown."

"Okay... Okay thank you!"

Without another word, I sprinted into the burning building.

Ed's POV

"Al, c'mon!!"

Of course, she had to sprint away. I was in charge of keeping her safe, but how the hell can I do that when she's so damn fast?!

I reached the building to find that she was talking to some lady that was in a nightgown.

Then, she just sprinted into the building!

"Shit." I muttered as I ran up to the woman.

"Miss, why did that girl just run into the building!?"

"She went in to get my daughter! I tried to stop her, but..."

"Okay, thank you."

I told Al to stay there, and I ran into the building.