When the doors opened, Payton stepped off, walking down a long corridor before unlocking a door near the end of the hall. I glanced around before stepping inside. She closed it behind me, twisting the lock as she kicked off her heels and sat the box on the floor.

"Want a drink?"

I nodded, my eyes dancing over the wall space around the window covered in pictures. "This your boyfriend?" I asked as my eyes danced over an image of a muscular man in a football jersey that read SAVAGE holding Payton over his shoulder.

She groaned as she grabbed a bottle hidden under her bed and filled to red plastic cups with gin. "That's my ex."

She handed me my cup with a broad grin

"Cheers," I said as I drank it back.

"So, you haven't met this new roommate, have you?" she asked as she refilled my cup.

"No. We've only spoken on the phone but he seems nice. Do you like staying in the dorms?"

She shrugged as we drank again. "I haven't spent much time here. I was usually with him at his place." She gestured with her chin to the picture on the wall. "That obviously didn't go well," she continued as she kicked the box at her feet.

"What happened?" I asked as I took the bottle from her hand, pouring a liberal amount into my cup.

She shrugged. "Didn't you need to use the phone?" She picked up her mobile from beside her bed and held it out to me.

"Thanks." I took it from her, pulling the small folded flyer from my pocket and dialing the number on the bottom. After several rings, the guy answered, apologizing for being late and agreeing to meet me.

"He says he'll be here in twenty." I handed the phone back to her as she smiled wickedly.

"I can think of a few ways we could pass the time." Her tongue ran out over her upper lip before she grabbed the bottom of her shirt and tugged it over her head.

"I couldn't tell you if we did

"I couldn't tell you if we did. I was pissed, remember?" I replied as I stood up, resting against my pool stick, not bothering to hide the fact that I was eyeballing the bartender. He glanced at me several times over Henley's shoulder, and it took everything I had not to break this stick across his stupid face. There was no telling the line of bullshit he was feeding her, and she would take every word as gospel because that's just how Henley was.

But I'd seen him work his game on the young college girls who come through this room, and I wasn't going to let him do the same to her.

"Are you still mad at me?"

I glanced over at her before shaking my head. "To be upset at you, I'd have to care about you."

She groaned as she stepped in front of me, trying to block my view of Henley. "I know you and Beef are close, but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends."

"Actually, it does. If I'd had known he was your ex, I never would have touched you. You almost cost me my only place to stay just to get revenge."

"He deserved it."

My eyes fell on Payton before shaking my head. "Not according to him." I looked back over at Henley. She was the polar opposite of Payton or any girl that I'd met her for that matter. There was nothing conniving or cruel about her which made the fact that the skeezy bartender was hitting on her all the more infuriating.

"So what do you think?"

I glanced over at Payton who was running her fingers through her snowy white hair that looked like it had been fried by too many bottles of bleach. "What?"

She laughed, leaning against the table and bending enough to let her shirt sag and put her tits in full view as she twirled one of the balls between her fingers. "I want to get a little heart with wings," she stood up, trailing her fingers down her chest, dragging her shirt lower, "right here." Her fingers stopped between breasts as she ran her tongue out over her rose-colored stained lips.

"When are you looking to get it done?"

"I'm free tonight."

I glanced up at Henley who was still talking to the bartender before nodding. "I have to get my gun and ink. How about tomorrow?"

"Perfect. You remember where my room is, right?"

I shook my head, stifling a laugh. "Yeah. I remember. You got my number, right?"

She nodded, smiling broadly.

"Ring me when you're out of class."