Revised Version of Open Letter to Past Self

I wore it in middle school. It was drenched in self disdain, loathing of white and it was such a pity. I really liked wearing it.

But it never suit me. I was always smiling and for some reason, I convinced myself that I was wrong. That somehow, my original thinking was the creation of an inhumane organism.

I was less than human, but still laughing louder than anyone, still making other's day just a bit better.

That was me, a practical sunshine covered in black cloth.

Why had I gave in to my young intuition? I knew nothing, I only knew what the song lyrics meant and had accidentally placed myself in the middle of the crossfire. In the battle between life and death, I was Jesus pretending to not be able to resurrect.

I was never really depressed. But I know how to handle sadness. And no, I don't talk it out, I cry.

Pure water that runs down my dirty face, becoming salty is my specialty.

It is after a good solitary cry that my person is at peace and content. Because I do not cry over one thing- I cry over everything I previously had no time to cry for.

Things like my sister's everlasting reproach, or my mother's doubt, or my father's distance,

I cannot touch any of them.

It is after a good solitary cry, that the piece of cloth calls for me.

It begs me to wear it.

Fabricated intolerance kept in the last drawer.

It is still my size.