“Lils?”

“What?” I snapped turning back to the table.

“Whoaa, calm down. I think someone’s getting a little green eyed,” Roxy laughed.

“I’m not!” I protested.

“You so are...” she sang pouring gravy over her Yorkshire Puddings.

“Am not!”

“Believe what you want honey, but you’re not fooling me,” she winked and went back to shovelling her mouth full of food.

By the end of the feast everyone was stuffed full to the brim and leisurely lolling about on the benches waiting for the headmistress to send everyone do their common rooms. Roxy was making paper airplanes out of the napkins on the tables and using her wand to fly them across the hall, from which she received several awed looks from the first years. I caught Darcy sitting at the Ravenclaw table roll her eyes and shake her head before turning to the front to send a flirty smile in Scorpius’ direction, who just nodded back courteously in return.

“Attention please!” McGonagall said loudly, claiming everyone’s attention. “Thank you, now I hope you all enjoyed the feast. It is now time for everyone to retire to their common rooms and beds, as I recognise it has been a rather long day for most of you.  Prefect’s may I ask you to escort the first years up to the dorms? I bid goodnight to you all,” she finished.

I started to get up to see if the new prefects were alright. “Oh, Miss Potter could I talk to you in my office please?”

I blinked and looked up realising she was talking to me over all the students scrambling to be the first out the hall. I pointed to myself in surprise.

“Yes, there is no other Miss Potter here, am I right?”

I blushed and shook my head.

“Well then, I will see you in ten minutes. Make sure Mr McLaren does not throw another one of his hissy fits will you?” Professor McGonagall said curtly before striding off down the aisle between the tables.

I glanced at Castor who looked like he was getting frustrated. Did McGonagall really make him a prefect? Why? Just why?

After 5 minutes or so, the hall was pretty empty with only a few sixth and seventh years milling around waiting for the first years to get settled in. I wanted to go and find Scorpius as he had seemingly disappeared right after the feast. I wanted to find him and give him a piece of my mind for keeping me in the dark about this! I expect that’s what McGonagall wanted to talk to me about.

I trudged up to the Headmistress’s office and stood outside the stone gargoyle realising that I didn’t actually know the password.

Well a fat lot of good that was.

I tried a few words and all the passwords from last year but no luck. I was just about to give up when I heard footsteps behind me. Thinking it was another Professor I eagerly turned around in case they happened to know the password and my heart literally stopped for a couple of seconds.

Standing in front of me was a boy. Not just any old boy either, an extremely gorgeous one that looked around my age, or even a little older. Over 6ft tall and jet black hair with strands that fell to cover parts of his ocean blue eyes. He looked like a model gone rogue with the clothes he was wearing.

Why was he here?

Or more importantly, who was he anyway?

His blue eyes flicked over me, a charming smile appearing on his face and nodded his head. It was amazing how that small gesture could send my stomach into a frenzy of butterflies. Not as much as when Scorpius smiled, but still.