The Testimony

It has been three years since that horrible incident. I know it's been quite a while now, but it still feels as if it happened yesterday.

My skin crawls at the mere thought of that monster who sabotaged my family. My mind, still wrapped around the nightmare my family had to go through in that short span of time.

All I wanted was a little peace in the house; the main reason why my mother chose to live away from dad.

Little did we know that we were driving ourselves out of the hands of one monster and into the arms of another vicious one.

Why am I telling this to you all now, you may wonder.

The only reason that I'm telling you all now is because I saw him again.

I saw all the bloodshed and felt the pain all over again. I felt his rotten arms claw me down. I know my time on Earth is short.

I know it.

However, I don't want to leave without warning anyone about that place.

So listen to me.

Do not and I repeat do not question the folklore about the wailing river, for it is true. I've seen the demons and I know it's true.

The house that sits on the bank of the river at the edge of town is not a place where you'd want to be.

Don't even consider this as a stupid dare, for no one can survive his curse.

My sister opened the gates of hell, while I managed to provoke the demon himself.

As I had learnt later, that this monster couldn't be outwitted. He lives in everything that he makes.

So now here I am, waiting for that demon to come, but before he does and in case I don't make it through this is my testimony; accounting the events that had taken place on that land eighty-three years ago.

I'm Amelia Davidson. I'm twenty-one years old as of today and this is me sending out a warning to anyone who receives this.

Listen to what I'm saying and turn on your heals and run.

I've lived in this house for a month. A month of living through hell on Earth.

You don't know about the dark entities that lurk here. You don't know how they have suffered.

I do.

I have seen the rivers of blood myself. I have heard their souls wailing.

Only if I had known about the truth behind the wailing river much earlier; never would I have ever set a foot there on that property.

This is me re-iterating the tale about a disfigured monster whom I had come face to face with a year ago. 

A monster who I have been running away from. 

A monster, I hoped I had never met.

A monster who was clearly begotten by the devil himself.

Happy reading guys

love, 

Olivia