Chapter 1: Curiosity Found Me Earth

******** Nate Monroe********

"Are you okay sir?" A voice asked. I opened my eyes, but instantly closed them due to sun light. Wait, sun light? That's not possible, the sun only exist in heaven, gross, and the human world. What did they call the human world again? Earth? Savanah? Sharma? Whatever it is I'll find out later.

I groaned in frustration. How did I even get here so fast? Oh yeah, the humans also refer to him as "deceiver” as in, he has many ways he could fool or deceive you. I heard a throat being cleared from beside me, snapping me back to reality and that I wasn't alone here. I turned my head to the left and saw a man.

He was obviously human with his week; messily frame with the concerned expression on his face. No one at hell would even consider helping someone, let alone show any emotion other than greed, evil, or power. The man gulped silently and started walking toward me. I raised my eyebrow and started to stand up.

"What do you want?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I was just um... asking if you were okay.... sir," The man answered, looking threatened by me. Well he should feel threatened. My fathers- no the man who got my mom pregnant- the devil for crying out loud, meaning I have to be evil. If I wasn't intimidating then my father wouldn't send me on this mission to turn the human’s souls into evil ones.

As I remembered my mission here I came to a realization, this man is someone I can taint, make evil. A sly smirk found its way across mu face as I walked away, leaving him alone, clueless about what -or should I say he- was about to do. I strode pass the corner, the still following me, and passed an orphanage.

You could hear children laughing and fighting. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind as I mentally tried to convince the man to follow my instructions, not using mind control, but making him believe in was his conscious.

I put words into his head, literally, about how fun it would be to hurt those kids.

They are so young, but brat’s and you need to take care of that, put them in their place. Hurt them; show them how bad the world really is, does it. No longer than a few minutes later you could hear children’s tear, sobs, and a man laughing wickedly. I smirked, 30 minutes on earth and I’m already succeeding. This won’t be as hard as I originally thought it would be.’

I walked away, leaving the man to fend for himself, and found a building with the words hotel on it. No, I’m not stupid, I know about the human world and their living habits. Leisurely, I strolled into the hotel and patted my pocket for cash. Feeling the lump, I drew out some of it onto the front desk.

The man receptionist glared at me, but took the money and said,

“Room 31, sir,” with the “sir” part sounded forced, but I let it slide this time. I seized the room cards from his hand and strode into the elevator. I looked around the elevator and saw 2 business men’s, a family of four, and some random chick crying. Drama queen.

I waited impatiently in the elevator for a little when it finally landed on my floor. I walked out and searched for my room. Quickly finding my room I swiped the card in and entered. The room had a simple black couch, tan rug, a comfy looking bed, a flat screen TV, and a desk with a lamp. I shut the door and sprawled out onto the couch, grabbing the remote for the desk, and turned on TV.

An hour or two later I stood up and stretched, heading toward the bathroom. I emptied out my pockets and saw that I had a credit card, Chap Stick, about 5,000 dollars in cash, an IPhone, and some ear buds. At least he gave me something instead of nothing.

I  stripped out of my clothes and walked into the shower hoping to relieve any stress and stiffness .from my muscles.

*****Alyx Daniels******

“And that’s how the Inuit lived,” The teacher kept droning on and on about the Indian’s even though we learned all about this in 6th grade. I zoned out of his lecture and grabbed a pen from my pencil pouch. I started doodling, not just on my notebook, but on my arm too.

After another decade the bell finally rang and I hopped out of my seat with my stuff and raced out the door. Speeding toward my locker, I tried to avoid the hall way locker traffic. Shoving and pushing, I finally reached my locker and put in my combination. I placed my books into my ugly, light green locker and seized the books I needed for class.

“Did you see him?” An excited voice asked from my left. I turned my head to see 2 girls gossiping about some boy apparently.

“Are you talking about Dillon?” The other girl asked confused.

“No, I’m talking that really hot guy that came in to register here during 1st period.” The girl squealed. I was tempted to yell at them to shut up, but kept my mouth shut. I had finally got all of my books and stuff out of my locker and hurried to class.

The faster I am away from those girls the better. I walked into my math class to see it abandoned like one of those haunted houses in the movies. Where is everyone? I stood there for another 15 minutes before I slipped out of the door and into the hallway. Where is everyone? Wait a second….

My eyes widened as I realized instead of class we were supposed to go to an assembly. Oh no! I scrambled toward the auditorium and silently opened the door. I scurried toward an empty seat toward the back.

Tuning into the featured speaker’s speech I soon felt my eyes drift away and start to feel heavy. My eyes soon closed and I fell into a pleasant, relaxed sleep.

“This is our auditorium and as you can see right now we are having an assembly,” A voice said. I jolted awake and jumped a little from my seat.  Did I just fall asleep? Of course I did, it’s obvious I told myself. I twisted my head around to the doors and saw our principle, Mr. Hooten, and a guy around my age. I scanned over him and saw that he was actually really hot. He must be the guy those girls in the hall were talking about.

My face heated up as I realized I was staring and turned around. I pulled up my hoodie and slid further into the seat, embarrassed at my behavior. Why are you blushing? It’s not like you got caught! I told myself. I calmed down and fixed the way I was sitting. I guess I just learned I blush easily. They walked away, heading off to the rest of the tour, while I tried to listen to the speaker and not glance behind me. Unconsciously I glanced back toward them. What the heck Alyx? You just told yourself you are not going to look back! I screamed at myself. Something must be seriously wrong with me.

For the rest of the assembly I either went to sleep or was day dreaming.

After the assembly I headed out and now went to math. I walked into class, head down, trying to not be noticed by my sister’s friends. I was still mad at them for the drinking incident, yet they don’t show any guilt at all. Not like they would notice me anyway since all they care about is my sister and popularity.

I sat down on my assigned seat and prepared for class to start. The teachers, Mrs. Alana, called roll and announced,

“So today we’re going to review equations. First by doing this warm up,” Part of the glass groaned, but got out there pencils to do the work. The boy sitting in front of me shoved the work sheet onto my desk and twisted back around. I removed one from the stack and passed it back, starting the equations. In no time, I completed the sheet and started daydreaming again.

“Mrs. Daniel’s I would appreciate it if you didn’t day dream in my class and do your work,” Mrs. Alana called. I did finish my work. Its right here you want to see it biatch? I though. Where did that come from? I thought. I must be in a bad mood for some unknown reason I thought.

Little did I know that they weren’t my thoughts, they were thoughts that someone tried to set in my mind.

***************************

Sorry I didn't update on Christmas. I was about to but I was like... Christmas and Satan. Santa and Satan.. Not happening.