Chapter 19

"Isn't the view beautiful?" My mom asks as we both look out of the little airplane window. I nod and look past her to see dad asleep in his seat. We were on our way to New York to surprise my aunt, Deena for her birthday. My mom hadn't seen her in ages and decided it'd be nice to surprise her.

3 hours later we finally arrive at my aunts house. When me and my parents get out of the cab I here a door open and before I know it aunt Deena has attacked mom with a big hug. I smile as I look at them. I had always wanted a sister but never had such luck.

We spend the rest of the day catching up with the family, and I had lots of fun with all of them. I could see where my mom got her kindness.

Around 11PM, we go back to my grandma's house, because my mom had arranged to stay there for the week. Apperently her mother still lived in the house she grew up in. When we get there my dad takes my suitcase and takes it to my room. When I walk in I see lots of trophies and pictures of my mom when she was around my age. I hear someone walk in and turn to see it's my mom. "Do you like the room?" She asks and I nod. "You must've been a cool teenager" I say jokingly and she snorts. I laugh and hug her and then tell her I'm going to sleep.

This family just keeps getting better