Chapter 6: Shattered

Start from the beginning

"I heard that Pike had personally stormed the Grounders camp later on and killed Anya himself."

"Yes. She was my mentor, you know."

"Then how come you don't hate us, Lexa?"

"Cause you are not the one who did it. To avenge my people and Anya, it is Pike I want, not you who were kids during the war."

"What would you have done? In Anya's place? If the war had to happen right now?" Clarke asked.

Lexa seemed lost in thought for a while, and Clarke stared at her, waiting for an answer. Finally she spoke up, "In this lifetime and universe, and in all the others, I would always choose my people before myself, Clarke."

Clarke nodded. It was partly the reason she admired Lexa so much. She wondered how could such a young person have such an immense sense of duty and commitment towards her people.

"What would you have done, Clarke?"

"What?"

"If I did what Anya did, would you have done what Pike had done? Entered my camp and tried to kill me?"

Clarke looked into Lexa's eyes, looking for a question or resistance. Instead, she saw in them a rare vulnerability that she had not seen before. "Even if I tried, I could never kill you, Lexa," she said truthfully.

She leaned in to kiss her, and Lexa met her halfway. With every kiss, she seemed to get to know the Commander a little bit better. Lexa was as vulnerable as she was strong. And their kiss which started like embers on dried leaves slowly turned into a raging forest fire.

As they walked hand in hand to the camp, Lexa wondered how long would she be able to hide her feelings for Clarke from her people. She almost dreaded Indra, Gustus, and Titus's reactions against their Commander wooing an Arkadian. But they, like several other Trikru, had suffered several losses at the hands of the Sky people, and Lexa found it difficult to blame them. She knew that one order of hers would keep them all in line, but she never wanted to do anything that would hurt her people. But for now, she was content knowing that she had something very special with Clarke and she wasn't going to let that go, over some decades old clan rivalry.

As they reached the camp gates, Lexa found Gustus waiting at the gate.

"Any news Gustus?"

"Titus is here, Heda. And he requests immediate audience."

"Sha" Lexa nodded. "I'll be right there. Clarke, you will be able to find your way to the tent?"

As Lexa left with Gustus, Clarke strolled towards her tent, a big goofy smile on her face. She liked Lexa. It was undeniable. She felt something raging within her everytime they kissed, and that had never happened with her before. Moreover, if the plan went well, her friends would be free by tomorrow sundown. Clarke Griffin was a happy and content girl that night. As she fell asleep after her usual banter and teasing with Octavia, she felt invincible, and as if nothing could go wrong anymore.

***

Clarke was awakened by hands grabbing her arms roughly and pulling her off her bed. Before she realised anything, she was gagged, and dragged away from her tent. In the darkness, she could make out the burly figure of Gustus leading the way with a torch.

As she struggled against her captives, she was brought to a building at the end of the village, and dragged into it. She tried to shout, trying to figure out what was going on, and call out for Lexa.

Soon she was dragged deep into the building, where a few cells were lined up, and thrown unceremoniously into one of them.

Clarke felt a sharp pain on her shoulder as she landed against the hard floor of the cell.

She removed her gag and shouted "Why have you brought me here? Lexa will have you killed for this! Lexa! LEXAAAAA!"

"How dare you call the Commander by her name?" Gustus growled.

"Who ordered this? Lexa will have you killed for treating me like this ,when she finds out! You cannot take out your decade long rivalry over me! I demand to see Lexa."

"The Commander ordered this, Skigirl," Gustus said, his eyes glowing with anger. "And she does not talk to traitors and those sent to kill her."

---

A/N

There you go people, the big revelation. It's out in the open. Titus is back, and of course he has to ruin it for everyone. So what do you think is going to happen next? With Clarke, Lexa, and the group sent for the rescue mission?

I've finally figured the structure of the story out. Should be over by 18 to 20 chapters. Let me know how you're liking the plot and character developments so far. Will be waiting to hear from you guys.

Also, I just came to know that I will be on an assignment in the middle east of Asia , when Season 4 releases, and as a result, will miss most of it out. Will be logging in here and pestering you guys for updates. Be the awesome folks that you are, and me out with that, ok?

Love,
Charlie.