Chapter 4: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"What the..."  I breathed looking down at my fingers. It was like I had been burned. I sighed slightly as I backed up. I'd have to go around, but I couldn't risk making it too late to the sand, plus Ai was going to be at the extraction location and if Pein knew I had left with Rin he would take out his anger on her. I sighed as I adjusted my course; sorry Itachi but I had a sister of my own to take care of.

Rin

I flinched when my palms hit a stone wall and I dropped to one knee as I doubled over releasing a dry heave. I could feel my chest tightening and inside my heart was going faster than it should be.  I clenched my hands into fists as I dragged them down the wall trying to calm myself. Breath, I reminded myself, just breath and finally I was able to suck in a breath. It had been worst the first time, so bad that even Orochimaru had warned that I should only use it in dire situations. I managed to finally slow my breathing enough that I could stand. I rested against the wall as I pulled two pill bottles from the pouch in my belt taking two from each and swallowing them dry. This would have to do for now. I glanced around the corner as ninja ran across the streets. I ran up the side of the side of the wall and landed on the roof before casting my eyes to the sky.

"There" I muttered and sure enough there hovered Gaara and Deidara above the sand village. I needed to get up here, but I wasn't like Sasuke I couldn't fly and I had no chance of copying Deidara or Gaara's ninjutsu which left only one option. I needed a jutsu of my own. I stared up at the sky, there was only one beast that could get me up that high but he wouldn't be happy about it. I ran through the rooftops until I reached the Kazekage building. I stood on a high platform and put my hands together focusing my chakra. I bit into my thumb before slamming my hands against the ground.

"Summoning jutsu!" I felt my normal chakra mix with my dark chakra into the jutsu. My dark chakra seemed pretty infinite but I had to keep it somewhat balanced. I felt the wind whip around me as I shot higher into the sky and felt familiar scales beneath my fingers.

"Who dare summon me!?" I rose to my feet and put a hand on my hip ignoring the sudden shouts and screams from the villagers and ninja.

"It's Rin, and I need you to get me up there" I told him pointing to Deidara.

"Princess, it's the one tails again"

"He's not our opponent, the blonde one is, just get me up there" I repeated pulling off my cloak and letting it drop.

"I expect one hundred human sacrifices for my aid" I rolled my eyes.

"Put it on Orochimaru's tab, just get me as close as you can now" I demanded starting another set of hand signs as Manda moved higher up on the building.

Gaara

I raised my arms taking more sand into the air as the ninja dodged and avoided every attack I threw at him. It was hard to play offense and defense at once but I had no choice.

"....Gaara..." I inwardly groaned.

"...Now is not the time..." I warned raising another hand to block his attack.

"...No...Gaara...listen..." I paused a moment and I noticed the ninja's confused look at my actions. Then there it was; the growing sound of a thousand chirping birds.

"Impossible" I breathed.

"Hey Deidara, eat this!" He turned and I stared in amazement as what looked like a flash of lightning sliced through the clay bird. I could see the same shock in the ninja's eyes as he began to plummet to the ground a few feet above him was a slimmer figure that seemed to follow him.

"...Gaara, catch her..." I shot my hand forward but the figure pushed off the ninja's stomach arching into a backflip away from my sand. I expected them to fall then but instead they landed on a large surface and as I squinted I could see it, a large snake that seemed to blend with the night. I stared at the figure as they turned and felt myself tense when I caught a glimpse of blazing red eyes.

"Rin" I breathed. It was her, there was no one else stupid or reckless enough to try and get into this fight but what exactly was she doing here? I moved my hand and the sand crept forward bringing me closer to Rin until I could make out her face. She had grown a few inches, her hair was longer, she looked better than I remembered and I found myself staring as her eyes faded to black and she looked towards me.

"Well Kazekage you're looking good" I snapped from my thoughts and felt a heat in my face as I looked away. I heard her laugh and swore my heart skipped a beat.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked.

"...Smooth kid..." I ignored the one tails as Rin crossed her arms across her chest.

"I saw... I-I don't know I just knew you were in danger."

"But I heard you ran from the leaf, two and half years ago" She shrugged meeting my gaze.

"I owe you my life don't I?" I stared at her, trying to find any hint of a lie but there was none. I knew Rin, not as well as some, but well enough to know when she lied or told the truth.

"Who is that?" I finally asked.

"This is Manda, a summoning beast. That on the other hand is Deidara, member of the Akatsuki, criminal from the hidden rock village and a master of explosives." She explained briefly.

"So what's your plan kid?" I realized it was the snake and heard Rin sigh.

"Kill him, if we have to. Gaara is our first priority." She replied with a shrug. I noticed it then, the slight slouch in her posture. The way her chest seemed to fall more when she released a breath and how her shoulders rose when she took one in. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but another voice spoke before I had a chance too.

"What the hell are you doing here?" We both turned and of course, there he was; the ninja Deidara who was now on another bird and his focus was completely on Rin fixed into an intense glare.

"Warning you to back off" She replied.

"Rin, step aside" She pulled her Katana off her back.

"Not a chance Deidara"

"I'm not going to go easy on you" He warned and I noticed her smirk as her eyes faded back to a blazing red.

"Bring it"