Chapter 5: Descision

Start from the beginning

"You hypocrite" Octavia shook her head, and joked. "No more 'friendship' , huh?"

"None at all. Mark and hunt." Clarke said.

Octavia smirked, "Then why, dear Princess, is the Commander's warpaint on your face?"

***

"So yeah, that's what happened," Clarke finished telling Octavia the whole story of how she met Lexa in the woods.

"So let me get this straight," Octavia concluded, "I was risking my ass out in the woods, and you were busy kissing the hot Grounder Commander?"

Clarke narrowed her eyes and said, "Remember, spiders."

"Oi not judging you. I want some of that Grounder Pounder Lincoln too!"

"And Raven is going to apparate over here on her own, is she?"

"Can't a girl make a joke! Sheesh. Yeah, so problem."

"Damn right you are. I have to kill the Commander. And I swear I tried last time, and ended up kissing her. I'm freaking out, O!"

"Ok Clarke," Octavia said with a straight face, "Are you crazy, or are you crazy?"

"I definitely AM going nuts. I've never seen her fight, but I'm sure she's awesome at it... I mean have you seen her biceps! She's super fit. And very agile. So unless I drop a boulder on her while she's sleeping..."

"Ok. Rambling alert!"

Clarke stopped, looking dejected.

"I have to find something out first," Octavia said.

"What?"

"Ok, close your eyes. Good. Now imagine the Commander sitting down, with her back towards you."

"O what-"

"Just shut up and listen to the only wise one here, ok? So, yea, she's sitting. Now imagine your dagger is in your hands."

"Technically it's hers."

"And technically I should slap you across your tonsils the next time you interrupt me. Now imagine you're creeping up from behind her, dagger in hand."

"Hmm."

"You have to save your friends. She hears you, and turns towards you. You get ready to strike her down. What do you see?"

"Green."

"Green? You're jealous of her?"

Clarke opened her eyes, in sudden realisation. "I can't do it."

Octavia smiled."And I'm wise beyond my years."

"And I'm the most selfish person ever. My friends are rotting in a cell."

"You're not going to take one life to save another. Who are you to judge between the value of the two of theirs' lives, Clarke. You're not Pike."

"What do I do?"

"Where's Bell?"

"He's around. Tracking us."

"Awesome. Now take me to your girlfriend."

"Excuse me!"

"Yea, you're not smitten by her, and I'm a zombie in Fear the Walking Dead."

Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Old earth serial. They have prints of it in the archive. You should watch it. One of the leads looks like your girlfriend."

"Octavia."