Legends

(A/N: listen to Written in the Stars while reading this)

      SAM POV- I walked down the beach with Emily on my arm. We were going to the tribe council meeting. Everyone was already there except Jake and Bella, and Ocean. Her siblings were there though. They had been at Sue's all day. Em and I sat down and began to eat. About ten minutes

later Ocean came walking towards the fire. I stared at her but she didn't look at me. She plopped down on Paul's lap. I stifled a growl and had to fight the urge to pull her off him and sit her on my lap. Finally Bella and Jake came walking down. I noticed Seth run to them out of my peripheral vision. Ocean was still sitting on Paul. I was boiling with jealousy. Then Billy began telling us the legends. Which were true. I kept glancing at Ocean. I wasn't listening to a thing Billy was saying.           

 "There is also the most powerful of our kind. Only spotted twice. Once nearly 700 years ago. The other time by Ephriam Black when the Cullens moved here all those years ago. The color of the wolf form's fur reflects  who you are inside..."

   "So that's why Sam is all black." Quil muttered under his breath,grinning."Black heart, black fur." I rolled my eyes and poked him in the side.      

 "And your chocolate fur reflects what?" I whispered back. "How SWEET you are?" Billy ignored our jibes.

  "The most powerful wolf is pure white. Because he.... or she is so pure." he finished glancing at Leah and Ocean for the last part.

 "Well we know Leah ain't white. None of us are white. And there's no way Ocean's pure." Jared howled. Ocean slapped him upside the head and Jake fell out of his chair laughing. I smiled at her.

 "She's pure but she's dirty." Paul laughed. Ocean rolled her eyes and bit back a laugh.       

"Don't make me bite you,LaHote. I'm half vampire and I AM venomous." She threatened. That shut him up. One drop of venom in our bloodstream would kill us.        

"Don't listen to her,Paul. She prides herself on having never bitten anyone in her life." Johnathan muttered. I looked at him. He was playing with his pocket knife and blaring Eminem's Cleanin' Out My Closet. Ocean grumbled something that sounded like moron. She shrugged and turned back to Billy. He went back to telling us the legends. Afterwards, Emily headed to Sue's and I walked up to Ocean who was talking to Jake and Bella. She glared at me but I just kept walking to her. I stood next to her.

    "So.. what color IS your fur?" Bella asked as I reached for Ocean's hand

   "White." She replied. I froze.                          

           No way....