Druella at the Ministry

Start from the beginning

Sirius sank to the ground.

James grabbed Sirius's shoulders as he started to tremble. "Ferfucksakes, Pete," he hissed.

"I'm only telling you lot what I know!" Peter said, "It might not have a thing to do with Remus - I just --"

"WHAT ELSE COULD IT FUCKING BE?" Sirius screamed, and he stood up and shoved Peter in the stomach, taking the anger that was exploding inside of him out on his friend. Peter fell to the forest floor, splayed out, his face pale with shock at the rage coming out of Sirius. "SHE ONLY HAD REMUS!" Sirius fell back to his knees again.

James tried again to comfort Sirius but Sirius threw him off, jumped to his feet, running into the trees and transformed into Snuffles, hitting the leaves at a run, disappearing into the dark.

Peter was shaking, "I didn't mean to --"

"I know," James murmured, staring into the trees the way Sirius had gone.

Peter stared up at James. "Do you really think Remus is --"

"I dunno Pete," James replied. "I certainly hope not."

Peter shivered and James held out his hand to pull him up. "Blimey. C'mon, we've got to go after Sirius..." and with that, James quickly transformed into his stag, standing, waiting for Peter to go rat and climb up on his back.

"But we dunno what's in the woods," Peter shivered.

James honked in his throat and brandished his antlers at Peter menacingly.

"Alright! Alright." Peter hurried to transform... and scrambled up James's leg onto his back, and James turned, carrying the rat upon him... running through the trees the direction that Snuffles had disappeared in.

After bringing Frank to the Longbottom home - Dumbledore apparated to the cul-de-sac, carrying Newt Scamander's briefcase. He hurried into the safety of the Fidelus Charm, and up the walk, knocking on the door of the house.

Charlus opened the door, "Dumbledore!" he said and he stepped back, letting the old man in. He looked down and saw the briefcase, "Mr. Scamander - he isn't --" worry filled his eyes.

"Dead? No. He's in the case. Is there a place we could go to open it up and check on them? I'm afraid that Remus Lupin's been injured and they are working on trying to mend him as we speak."

"Yes, of course, this way." Charlus rushed into the living room, waved his wand to clear everything off the coffee table, as though it'd been shoved off in one swipe of the arm.

Dumbledore ran forward, laying the case on the surface of the table and unlatching the hinges. The first time he opened the case, it was to reveal mundane items - a brush, a couple pairs of folded pants, three identical Hufflepuff scarves, and a notebook. He closed the case and spun the lock with his thumb so that the little knob that read Muggle Friendly disappeared. He opened it again and there was a blast of bright light from within, and the little ladder that led down into the depths of Newt Scamander's laboratory.

Dora came out of the kitchen, having been standing at the back door calling for James and Sirius - they'd been disposing of that rat for over ten minutes now and she was nervous for them - and saw Dumbledore as he leaned into the case, "Mr. Scamander! How are we coming along."

Inside Newt's briefcase was quite a place indeed... it was as though he had leaned into a great indoor zoo, with long corridors that trailed off as far as the eye could see with glass encased habitats and holding pens, tall plants and funny creatures peering about, their beady eyes looking up at Albus Dumbledore from their perches, pens, and what have yous. Newt Scamander sat on a tall stool beside a tall table, lined with sheets, upon which lay Remus Lupin, fast asleep, as Newt used a funny looking tool that looked like a needle held with tweezers, and sewed Remus's shoulder closed. Newt raised a pair of funny looking magnifying glasses from his face and looked up at Dumbledore, "We're - we're well. I'm just... stitching him up. Like muggles do, you see, only answer for magical bites like this, you know." He lowered the glasses again and turned back to Remus.

"He's going to be quite alright in no time at all," Tina Scamander promised.

Ned Veigler sat in a chair, nervously stroking what looked like a very, very large pygmy puff, his face pale, but drawn in relief.

"Carry on, then," Dumbledore commanded, "And let us know when we might be able to bring visitors to see the patient. There is a boy here who I am sure will be most eager to visit Mr. Lupin the moment he is able."

"We will," called Tina.

Dumbledore stood upright and looked at the Potters, closing the briefcase. "Where is Sirius? I have promised to give him news the moment I could."

Charlus turned to Dora, "Have they come back yet?"

Dora shook her head.