Part two - butterflies

That night Deanna held a gathering at her house, so that we could meet the other residents, everyone was so kind and I felt like we fitted in nicely.
I walked over and sat down with Maggie and Glenn.

"Hey sis, how ya settling in?" I asked Mags.

"Fine thanks, it's wonderful here, I really hope everything works out." She replied.
I hoped so too.

We chatted for a while but then Glenn and Maggie went back to their house, so I was left sat alone watching the rest of the group socialising and smiling, it was so nice to see, they all seemed so happy.
Daryl noticed that I was on my own so he came over and sat beside me,

"Hey Greeney".

"Look at them Daryl, look how happy they are, how long has it been since you've seen Rick smile like that?" I replied.
Daryl glanced over at Rick, he chuckled and smiled,

"I really don't know" he said, then kissed me gently on the forehead.

"I'm kinda tired, I'm gonna go back to the house" I whispered. "You can stay, enjoy it!"

"Nah, I'm tired too, and socialising isn't my thing anyway." Daryl replied.
We said our goodbyes and then made our way back home.

When we got back I went Into the bathroom to have a shower,
"Hey Beth I'm about to go to bed, is there anything you need?" Daryl asked through the bathroom door.

"No, but thankyou" I replied, "goodnight daryl".

"Goodnight Beth".

Once I'd had my shower I went into the bedroom where I found Daryl fast asleep in my bed, I didn't want to disturb him so I went to sleep on the couch.

"Wait, Beth come back" he called out to me.
I took a deep breath as butterflies returned to tummy. I walked over to the bed and sat down"

"stay here" he whispered tugging at my shirt.
I got into bed next to daryl, I could feel his breath on the back of my neck as he slept close to me.

______
Writers note:
I hope you're enjoying the read so far, stay tuned to see what's in store for Beth and Daryl🌚💞
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!