Reece stood over Lynn and offered her a hand, but she ignored it and stood up on her own, walking to the sidelines.

"What bit her on the ass?" I heard Andrew whisper to me.

× × ×

After practice, I showered and dressed, stepping out of the locker room only to find Coach lecturing Lynn not so discreetly in the hall. From the looks of it, Lynn had already showered and changed as well, wearing jeans that were cuffed around her ankles and a blue UCLA drawstring sweatshirt. She was probably doing what I always did best: get out of there as fast as she could before Coach caught her. Unfortunately, she still had to master that talent.

I ignored them and walked passed, but wasn't able to get very far before Coach noticed and called me back.

"I need to talk to you two alone," he said.

Sighing, knowing that was never a good sign, I sullenly went over to Coach to see what he wanted. I was so ready to go back to my room and crash on my bed. I really wasn't in the mood to be lectured by Coach as well.

"You both remember the chancellor, yes?" Coach asked. Before we could answer him, he continued. "He's getting married and you two are expected to attend."

"What?" I asked, suddenly awake and angry. "Why would we have to go, we don't even know him."

I almost added that the chancellor also doesn't like us because he thinks something is going on between Lynn and I, but I quickly stopped myself once I remembered that I wasn't supposed to know that.

"I know," Coach said and clasped his hands out in from of him. "But he requested it for your benefit. He's pretty close to some recruiters and they're supposed to be attending. The chancellor asked you two to come to chat them up and get on their good sides for your future. I'm not asking you to go to the ceremony, just to the reception afterwards."

My brow rose. "Just the two of us?"

"You two were the only ones mentioned."

"Coach..." Lynn started and seemed to change her mind about what she was going to say. "When is it? The wedding?"

"This Saturday."

"Whoa," I said, holding up a hand to stop him. "We have an away game on Friday. You expect us to be up for a wedding after the long drive? It's the last game to determine the five teams to go into the BUSA! What if we lose and miss our chance of winning, I wouldn't want to face any recruiters after that."

Coach crossed his arms. "That's why you have to win. Look, you don't have a choice in this; the chancellor is expecting you to go. And between you and me, you're already on rough waters with him."

Lynn and I shared a look.

"I'll text you the time and address of the event, I expect to see you both there," he finished before he grabbed his clipboard and walked away.

Reaching down, Lynn grabbed her gym bag and started walking past me. I quickly caught up and continued my stride beside her.

"Are you really going to go to that wedding?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I might as well. If it gives me a chance to talk to the scouts, then I'll take any opportunity that comes my way. Even if I have to get dressed up and attend a wedding for a man I'm not even sure I like."