Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Word has spread around Beacon about what you did for Ruby and the fate that had befallen you at the hands of Sun. Teachers and students couldn't believe you were still alive, or that you were still going to attempt a rescue. Weiss has stuck by your side during your healing process, your body is healed but the scars remain. Ozpin has kept his distance over the past week until today...

TO YOU

You are laying in your hospital bed when Ozpin walks in.

Ozpin: how are you feeling?
(Y/n): I'm feeling good, thanks oz
Ozpin: good, I believe you are healed enough to continue your lessons, however your teachers have not been informed, so please excuse their reactions.
(Y/n): I will, when's my first lesson?
Ozpin: *looks at watch* professor Ports class in about an hour, you'll be with team RWBY, obviously no Ruby mind you.
(Y/n): how's that going, with Ruby I mean?
Ozpin: thanks to the tracker you placed we have found their base of operations. Atlas have been observing them for about a week, seems they have recruited some white fang.
(Y/n): Atlas? What interest do they have with a kidnapping?
Ozpin: the Mercenaries are ex-Atlas special forces, and the cause of many high profile assassinations both domestic and political. Ironwood has a vested interest in putting an end to them, and so has offered his help. Speaking of which he wants to meet you soon.
(Y/n): me? Why?
Ozpin: it's no secret what you did, many think it's quite admirable and he thinks it's bravery. I think he wants to congratulate you.
(Y/n): *groans* oh no
Ozpin: I think it will be quick *chuckles* anyway I'll be off as you need to change for your class, goodbye.
(Y/n): see you *waves*

Ozpin leaves and you get out of bed and look on the desk next to you to find your school uniform. You change and head out of the infirmary. As you are walking to class you look out at vale, you decide to sit down and gaze down while you think.

In head: I almost died, and Ruby wasn't even released....was it worth it? Well she's not being tortured anymore...that's good I suppose. Man, Vale looks good today.

You are interrupted by a tap on your shoulder, you snap out of your thoughts and look to see Miss Goodwitch.

(Y/n): long time no see, hi how are you doing?
Goodwitch: yes it's been quite a while, I'm good by the way thanks for asking, also if I remember correctly you should be in class...
(Y/n): class? Oh shit, got to go bye...

You run towards Ports room

In head: he doesn't know I'm coming, I almost died I think that's a good reason to be late, right?

You approach the door, you take a deep breath and open the door.

Port: yes? *turns to you and is shocked* Oh (y/n)! My dear boy! Please sit down, we can't have a hero like you stood up.
(Y/n): heh *rubs back of neck* I'm no hero, Ruby is still a hostage.
Port: yes but willingly sacrificing yourself to save another, a true huntsman!

You chuckle and walk to a seat near Weiss, while you walk you hear whispers from students. They range from gasps that your alive, to students spreading rumours that you're indestructible. One guy stands up and shakes your hand, congratulating you on your bravery all the while girls are starstruck when they look at you. You sit next to Weiss.

(Y/n): *whispers* what's up with all the girls?
Weiss: *whispers* you that's what, guys want to be you and girls want to be with you.
(Y/n): *whispers* holy shit, sadly I'm taken..

Your hand slides onto Weiss' on the table and you both hold hand and smile at each other while Port continues his lecture. 

TIME SKIP

You walk out with Weiss at your side, you are followed by a group of girls.

Girl: hey (y/n), fancy doing something later. Preferably us?
(Y/n): ehh wha? *blushes* no sorry girls I'm taken
Girl: by who?