Truth or SCARE!!!

Start from the beginning

"I dare you," Lenny proceeded to give me a dare, "to eat this chicken nugget." 

"Oh come on," I said," You know I'm a vegetarian. No way I'm ever eating that! That's not even real food, that's from the cafeteria lunch line." 

"Fine, I win." he said marking a tally under his name, making the score for the game 7-8 with me in the lead. "OK you go first this time. I choose Truth." Lenny said. 

I thought for awhile, only picking through my salad for only the cherry tomatoes, trying to avoid the slimy, bitter olives. "Oh, do you believe in ghosts?" I asked him. 

"Of course I do," he said. 

Zeke, Louise, Tina, Gene, and Jimmy Jr came to where we were sitting at the table and Jimmy Jr said questioning his belief, "You seriously believe in ghosts? I thought you were smarter than that."

Lenny gave him a look from his seat and said," Do the rest of you believe in ghosts?" 

"Nope."

"Never will."

"Not really."

"Ha-ha!!"

"Are you kidding, no one is stupid enough to believe in that craziness!" 

We all seemed to talk all at once. Lenny's eyes became full with anger and disbelief that his true friends said that his idea of ghosts being real was crazy, and the next thing that came out of his mouth, he would regret later on in his life.

"Fine, Truth or Dare for all of you," he said with his normal voice. 

"Dare" we all said without thinking. 

"I dare all of you to spend an entire night at Fischoeder Mansion on the night of Halloween. If you don't, I'll tell everyone that you guys are babies and if you do spend the night, I'll give you all each $50 dollars." 

We all stared at him in shock, thinking whether or not we should accept his deal. "I accept", said Jimmy Jr, who left us all to either stay by his side, or abandon him and let him go through with it by himself. 

Slowly, one by one, we accepted until we got to Gene who we all knew was going to chicken out, but what he said surprised us more than what Lenny suggested. "I'll go if you guys are going," he said with the same shaky voice that Tina used to say no to the scary story the other night. 

"OK then," I said to reassure Lenny that we were all in it together. "We'll do it."

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Were we crazy to accept Lenny's request? Were we stupid to go into the mansion and stay the whole night? Were we crazy enough to stay over on the night of Halloween? 

Yes, apparently, to all of the above. 

A week before the night of Halloween we all met up at my house to set up a plan, but since my house is literally across from Fischoeder Mansion, Tina and Gene started to fall apart. 

"Oh, I just remembered that I have to finish my math homework!! Sorry! Good luck you guys!" Gene announced as we got to my room and spun back around to leave. 

"Wait, hold on. I thought that we were all in this together." said Louise, grabbing both of them by the shoulder and spinning them back around. 

"But-" Tina wanted to continue, but Jimmy Jr cut her off.

"Come on just come with us, please?" Jimmy Jr gave her pleading smile to convince her everything was going to be alright, even though Jimmy Jr wasn't sure himself.