Chapter 4: The First Day: Part 2

Guess what the first assignment is to work in partners. I don't know anyone in my class, I'm frickin screwed. Ethan turns to look at me. Oh my god, the cutest guy I have ever seen is looking at me. I'VE BEEN NOTICED. "Hey, want to be partners?" He says. HE SAID THAT TO ME. "Uh, s-sure." I reply. "Cool." He says and turns back to Ms. Itewa. Don't forget how to breath.

Throughout the first 15 minutes, I lived. Sort of. We kind of got to know each other, I guess. Its not exactly like I was new to CS, I had taken it in middle school but I guess we didn't learn enough for me to stay on the same page as Ethan. He was talking about a global value throughout the code and stuff. I had to refrain from staring at his face while he was talking about all this stuff but it was really freaking hard.

"So, the variable is global, right?" He says. "Yeah." I reply, even though I was half lost. My eyes wander to the clock. 10:58. Crap. "The bell's going to ring in two minutes." I say. He nods and shuts down the computer. Its a Windows 5, but seriously, this is the twenty-first century. Time to upgrade.

Is it just me, or is the bell at schools really long. Maybe it was just this school, but my middle school was different. I grabbed my bag, which was still heavy because of all the unused notebooks I had to carry around. I stared at my schedule. "Room 226...Social Studies." I mutter to myself. I walked down the steps and down the hall.

Most of my class was already there so it was a little awkward when I walked in but, oh well. I guessed we just got to choose where we sat so I took a seat in front of my two friends, Kayla and Maddy. "Hey, Zoe." Maddy said. "Hey." I replied. I glanced up at the clock. Passing period was about to end.

The teacher was Mr. Alison. He was a very stern man, with a white buzz cut and almost frameless glasses that he frequently pushed up his crooked nose. Another thing, I was taller than him. I know right? And I'm not even that tall. I guess i'm average.

Mr. Alison shut the door and shut the class up. He picked up the doorstop and banged it on our table. "Shut," He yelled. "Up." Silence. "Now, who here did Rome last year in middle school?" Everyone raised their hand. Even though this guy was short, he was scary. "Good, everyone then. Now I'm going to pick up to the point of 1776." He said. I opened my backpack and pulled out a blank notebook. The thickest one I had. I guessed Mr. Alison liked to just give lectures rather than class work, old fashioned which I understood. That's when the door burst open.

SHIT. Are you kidding me? Guess who walks in with his perfect face. ITS FUDGING ETHAN.