Chapter 23 ~ Dilly Dally Shilly Shally

A/N happy new year and now that Christmas is over, updates should be like normal again. as for the italics and bold, I'll sought the format out when it actually lets me. hope you had a merry Christmas and happy new year, enjoy~

''So... How are we going to do this?'' you muttered to yourself, pacing back and forth in your room.

Dire was currently straddling the chair and watching you, Rag was silently laughing in the mirror and outside's events happened to be your neighbours trying to get in. Some wanting you out, others wanting your now human-ish partner out, and the rest wanting the male in question for more... adult reasons. Namely Tifa.

''Does it really matter?'' questioned your partner. ''I mean, we've always slept together before.''

''Don't say it like that!'' you spun around with a blush as Dire smirked.

''It's true though, why should it make a difference now?'' he rested his head on his arms on the chair.

You stared at him, Dire was a strange person to put simply. Before you could question anymore, loud bangs and shouting could be heard from outside. Sighing, you turned and went to the door; yanking it open to glare at the noise makers.

''[name]! We've came to a conclusion about what to do in this current situation,'' started Cloud.

''We suggest that you either use one of our rooms or share with a students. Or Dire will stay in one of our rooms with all of us,'' continued Balthier.

''Dire can stay in my room,'' Tifa added but no one payed her any attention.

You sighed exasperatedly, ''Look, not to be rude but we don't really need anyone's help. True, it unnerves me a little bit but wolf or human, I trust Dire so I think that it's perfectly all right to share a room with him!'' You slammed the door before anyone could speak and went to sit on the bed.

After a moment, Dire spoke up, ''So, does that mean we share the bed?''

You groaned and flopped back, ''Suppose so.''

''Ooh, there's gonna be some action tonight. Mind if I join?'' snickered Rag.

You lent up on your elbows and looked at the mirror currently holding the demon, ''Remind me again why I'm stuck with you?''

''Just are,'' she grinned, you think Rag was a she. Considering the demon's full name was Raganrok, she could very well be a he... you decided to stop that trail of thought right there. One male in your room was enough.

You looked out the window at the fleeting sunset, it colours briefly dying your room red before fading into night. It was getting late and you could do with the rest. You got your nightwear and went into the bathroom to change.

''Oi, be careful,'' Rag appeared in the mirror.

You gave her a questioning look, it seemed as though everyone was on edge around him. ''Why?''

''Wish I could tell ya. I know what it is but I just can't figure it out, it's staring me right in the fucking face,'' she grumbled, her tattoos moving in jerky movements to show her frustration.

''Whatever, tell me when you figure it out,'' you waved as you exited, leaving the demon to mull over her thoughts.

It was dark in your room with only the stars providing the little light. You crawled into bed and pulled the covers up, rolling over to find a comfortable spot. You breathed deeply before opening your eyes, jumping at the sudden sight of a human Dire. He chuckled at your reaction.

''That's not funny, you know,'' you scowled.

''I couldn't help myself,'' he grinned, one arm was under his head whereas the other had snaked around your waist; pulling you close but not smotheringly so.