Chapter 7 ~ Close Calls

A/N so i'm back from my trip. M&M world and Harry Potter studios in London. M&M world made me sick and i got to ride a broom stick. hehe. however, i hated the coach trip and couldn't sleep in the hotel. me and my mate woke up every hour. i scared the hell out of her since i sleep with my eyes open. however, i dreamt about Genesis and Angeal with every other character lol. by the way, we get a small glimpse at your powers. 

You sighed contently; snuggling into you bed. It had been a very peaceful Saturday to your surprise. But then again, you really did wear them out. Replenishing a person's magic is much different to healing them; some of them really did hit the ground or wall in some cases quite hard. Well... it would of been a peaceful Saturday if you wasn't taking out stray heartless every five minutes. They wasn't strong, not even an actually fight to begin with, but chasing them back and forth was a real pain in the neck.

You snuggled under your covers once more, enjoying the comfort of darkness all around. Dire growled lightly and you felt his fur tickle your feet. Giggling, you brought your foot up. This seemed to wake up Dire as well, and quietly he creeped a little to the side under the covers. Gently pushing his head up, he licked your foot causing you to giggle more and bring the other foot up. With that, he crawled all the way and poked his head out the quilt to see you; licking your face lovingly.

''Dire, D-dire that's enough,'' you giggled. His bright yellow eyes looking into your [eye colour] voids. To you it seemed as though he was grinning. He licked you again before nuzzling into your chest; which was an excellent cushion, and rested his eyes. You sighed contently and stroked his head gently; no harm in resting yourself for a few more minutes.

''Don't forget the promise you made me...'' a voice echoed in your head. 

Your eyes opened, showing only cold emotions. That voice never allowed you peace even is you both had the same goal. You hated each other, but without each other; you would both surely be dead by now. Sighing, you got up, causing Dire to look up at you confused. You smiled that sad smile and got up; walking over to the wardrobe to get dressed. Dire just watched you silently.

After dressing in a  white long sleeved dress shirt, a two tail waist coat; red pants that went just over the knee with a few bandages on the right leg and knee high boots; you went down for breakfast. But also making sure to wear your trademark choker before leaving. Your mood wasn't the best since hearing that voice, in fact you gave of the whole 'pissed off' aura. Entering the dining hall with a scowl, you sat by yourself near the back.

You made sure to order mint tea, the smell calming your senses. You also orders [food] to eat, but hardly ate any. You was just beginning to calm down when your mood increased ten fold. ''Hey babe, ya miss me last night?'' Dante. One of the most irritating things ever to be born. Currently top on your list since the priestess isn't here. 

''What do you want?'' you replied coldly.

''Whoa, didn't think it was your time of the month yet,'' he joked.

You glared at him, normally it would get you but you just wasn't in the mood. ''It's not... But something else might be coming,'' you gazed in into your tea, eyes becoming soft and sad.

Dante looked at you, losing his joking demeanor and showing a wiser side for once. He leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest, sighing and closing his eyes before opening them once more. ''That body of yours is your own, and nobody else's. No matter what you do or what happens, it'll only belong to you,'' he said with eyes that showed the kindness that he had.

You gave a dry laugh, and looked at him through the corner of your eyes, ''Really now? I thought you always said that this body will one day belong to you.''