13-Gryffindor V Ravenclaw

Začít od začátku

The score bell sounded, and Halley launched into a belter of a round of 'Points to Gryffindor' with Sirius, Remus and Peter backing her up. Samantha, through a mouthful of sunflower seeds, conjured up a little glowing lion, which ran around the stands miaowing petulantly, as she hadn't quite pronounced her words right due to the seeds in her mouth.

Bleu punched the air as he flew back to restart the game. The Quaffle was passed between the Ravenclaws, and a shot was made on the Gryffindor goal, but one of the Carter twins managed to intercept the goal shot and she soared away, passing to her twin as she was rather ruthlessly tackled from two different angles.

"Where are our Beaters?" Sirius groaned. "CARDALE!" he then hollered out over the crowd. "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?"

As if on cue, one of the Ravenclaw Chasers, who had tackled the remaining Carter twin and won the Quaffle, suddenly screamed in pain and dropped her prize as one of the little metal balls hit her square in the ribs.

Sephy, who had fired the shot, flicked off Sirius as she flew past him in the stands, before clinking bats with Nashville and finally checking to see if the Chaser was alright.

Play had been suspended temporarily, and as the girl got back on her broom, remarkably unhurt bar being slightly winded, the Gryffindors siezed the Quaffle and shot away once again to the Ravenclaw hoops. It was one of the Carter twins, and she took her aim and scored in spectacular style.

The sound of the score bell was drowned out by the roar from the Gryffindor side, and as play began for the third time, Remus, ever the pessimist in these things, began to feel like they might actually have a chance of winning.

That feeling sadly didn't last very long.

Ravenclaw scored twice in quick succession, and then, while Sirius was busy watching James circling above the whole pitch, further disaster struck. The Gryffindor Keeper, Orson, took a Bludger hard to the head, and he floated down to earth, limp as a fish.

"No!" Halley yelled, hitting Sirius on the arm repeatedly to get his attention and pointing down at Orson with her other hand in horror.

Gasps and boos ricocheted around the pitch from the Gryffindor side, and Samantha, through another mouthful of sunflower seeds, saw Nashville pull Sephy and James in for a quick discussion mid-air as Ravenclaw scored again.

From then on, carnage ensued. While James looped wide and high over the whole arena, (Mikayla Sanderson was nowhere in sight as of yet) Sephy and Nashville went mad, blasting Bludgers left right and centre at the opposition. Gryffindor clawed back three more goals, but Ravenclaw were taking them apart, the lack of Orson, who was out for the count and on the way to the hospital wing, meaning that the Ravenclaw tally was quickly moving past 150.

"JAMES!" Halley screamed over the crowd. "FINISH IT!"

James, who was hovering just above the Gryffindor stand, heard her, and, as the Ravenclaw score hit 150, he scanned the pitch once again frantically. Mikayla was in the better position, high up, dead centre, and James soared up to tail her, a desperate move, he knew, but these were desperate times.

As he reached her, and the score bell tolled once again to boos from the Gryffindors, James finally spotted a glint of gold. In desperation, he shot towards it, and was rewarded with a glimpse of a small pair of  golden wings shooting away, low down into the slats below the pitch. He knew Mikayla would be right on his tail, and as he chased the Snitch down, under the slats, and up again, he could sense her behind him.

Then a Bludger came from nowhere.

James, currently skimming low to the grass of the pitch, tried to swerve, but he wouldn't have moved fast enough. He heard the crunch of the Bludger hitting something, but somehow couldn't feel any pain. There were screams and yells from the crowd around, but James could now see the Snitch, and with a final spurt, his hand closed around it.