Twenty Five- Pieces of a Puzzle

Today's the day. Graduation. The day that finally puts an end to the torture we call High School. After five long years of bitches, teachers, school yard politics and drama, homework and breakdowns, it was finally over. But today wasn't the day to think about the stuff that made high school difficult, today we were reflecting back on the things that made it worthwhile. The memories that will be brought up at 21st parties, the sneaky photos of the pranks we pulled on Mr Papps throughout the years, the friends we've all made. It's a time where I will probably never see 80% of these people again. Today's the day we move on to the rest of our lives.

Throughout the morning up until 1pm, we had rehearsals for tonight's ceremony just to make sure everyone knew what they were doing and that everything ran smoothly. We checked through speeches, awards, our entrance, our seniors dance number (oh boy that's gonna be interesting) and of course, our farewells.

It was now 2pm and all the girls were at my house, getting ready for our graduation dinner at 4:30pm. We were going to some fancy venue the school hired out for the whole night. The place was like an hour drive and no one understood why the school picked somewhere so far away. Luckily our friends and family didn't have to come to the dinner, they only come to the ceremony which starts at 7:30. We had to wear our school uniforms for graduation (no fancy dresses or gowns for us) and it would all be overall a simple night really.

Today was also the last day Lauren would be seeing her parents for, well, she doesn't know when or if she'll ever see them again. Her parents are coming to the graduation but after that they expect her to be gone and completely out of the house. I'm taking Lauren to go to her parents house one last time just to make sure she hasn't left anything behind.

"Laur we should probably get going, we'll need to be back to leave on time." I said to her. I knew she didn't want to go back to her parents house but she remembered the other day something she left behind. She insisted it was nothing important or nothing she couldn't replace but I know Lauren and there's more than likely something else she's forgotten.

"Okay, I'll just go fix my hair and then we can leave." Lauren said before walking to the bathroom.

"You three will be alright while we're gone?" I said to Maddi, Bianca and Elena. Bianca had been quite emotional today. She wanted Austin to be there with her while she graduated. Turns out he had bought her a graduation present, a necklace. It was beautiful. His parents had dropped it off this morning to Bianca and she had been a little bit of a mess ever since.

"Yeah, we'll be okay." Elena said softly.

Lauren and I drove to her parents house, we were hoping they wouldn't be home but they were. Lauren used her key to get inside and we tried to get up to her room as quickly and quietly as we could. Unfortunately for us, her mother had noticed our arrival and was standing by the staircase, glaring at us.

"H-hello mum." Lauren gulped nervously.

"Lauren." Her mother said emotionless. "Chloe, it's nice to see you again." She said, although I new she wasn't genuine.

"You too Mrs Harper." I said in the same manner.

"What are you doing here?" Her mother returned her glare to Lauren.

"I-uh it's graduation day and I'm just getting the final thing and then I-I'll be out of your way..." Lauren said nervously. I wanted to reach for her hand as support but Lauren had warned me not to show any display that could be considered "gay" or else her mum would disrespect me as well and she didn't want that to happen.

"Well hurry up, I need to be somewhere." Her mother said in a harsh tone, walking away.

"Let's go." I whispered, Lauren nodded.