Chapter 15

I totally understand if you all hate me for it being so long. Trust me i get it. But i am sorry and i hope that now i'm off school for six or so weeks that you will all firgive me as i can update more regularly. But i'll keep you all posted. So for now....

XXXA

**************************

Things had been going smoothly since my brother and family had arrived. Seb was almost back to what he used to be before Ava and it was then that I learnt she wasn’t coming because she was the one who gave her support to Rankin against us for the war. But since she was Sebastian’s mate and not a lesser wolves, she received no punishment. This annoyed me since we were supposed to be tried as equals, special treatment to an alpha or his mate was wrong.

But of course it wasn’t my place to say anything and I could see that it was hitting Seb hard enough as it is. His mate was happy to wage a war against his own flesh and blood. It was then of course questioned the reason why the fates made her his mate in the first place? Someone who seemed so simple and normal and then was quickly sucked in by the draws of power.

“Hey do you mind if we talk for a bit?” I smiled at Sebastian as he came towards me hesitantly. I understand that we had our problems, but this was just sad. He was my own brother but he didn’t have the courage to come to me without fear of rejection. Though I can understand why he was thinking this way. It didn’t help that I had a feeling the Decebal had had a nice little ‘talk’ with my brother, and I’m not too sure it was concerning the upcoming war.

“Of course. Got a place in mind?”

He nodded and I followed after him as he led me from the house. A shiver wracked its way up my spine as we continued on into the forest surrounding Decebal’s home and wondered if it would have been a smart idea to tell Decebal where I was going in case something did happen. Not that I didn’t trust me brother, but shit I didn’t trust his mate as far as I could throw her.

Sebastian ended up leading me a fair way into the foliage and that feeling of unease seemed to double every step we took, as did my fears that something was very wrong here. But when Sebastian turned to face me I could see not an ounce of worry on his face and that seemed to comfort me a bit. He was an Alpha born too, if he could feel something then I had a right to be worried.

“I wanted to apologise for the way I was after finding Ava to be my mate. It wasn’t fair for me to do that to you. We’re blood after all, and that’s not the way that mum and dad would have wanted us to be like. If you would let me I’d like to have a ‘do over’ as the humans say.”

I smiled and hugged him tightly. “Of course. You will always be my brother no matter what.” I tried not to let his comment about mum and dad get to me. It has been a very long time since they left or went missing or whatever happened and I knew that I had to come to terms with the fact that I was probably never going to see them again. But that was the hard part. They’re your parents, they aren’t supposed to just leave when they want to.

“So how are you and Decebal huh?” I laughed at the abrupt change in topic but went along with it to tell him all the details that he probably didn’t need to know.

********

Anghel’s POV

There was something wrong.

I was no Alpha by blood nor mating, but I could feel the vibe in the air as I watched Rosalinda go into the land on our property with her brother. It wasn’t hard to see that she felt it too, but it was almost like she was ignoring it. I knew that she needed to be stopped, but if I tried Decebal would surely have my head regardless.