Chapter 10

The night was a success in the end. Everyone was laughing and joking about anything and everything, it was like Christian and I had always been here and a part of this family. It was a great feeling to know that your mate’s family liked you and approved of the relationship. Not that I can say it would have made a difference to me if they didn’t, I wouldn’t let Decebal go if you paid me.

“So how do you feel now that you’ve met everyone?”

I glanced up towards the blonde god as he came over and walked with me to the car since Decebal had gone to pay the bill and left me in the god’s hands. I still stick by the fact that Decebal was hotter, but this guy would make a very good catch one day. And I could see the way he was looking at Cosmina, there was something there and I couldn’t see it as just being nice to your best friends’ sister.

“I haven’t met everyone yet so I won’t know until then I guess. And who are you?”

He grinned and pushed his hair off his forehead, giving the end a slight curl effect to give it the cute factor. “You’ve met everyone important. And I’m Anghel, Decebal and I have been friends for a long time now. Ever since he punched an ass in the face for me for stealing a girl I was pretending to date. It was actually pretty funny at the time. From then on we just kinda stuck, he couldn’t get rid of his favourite cling on even if he tried.”

“I can tell that you two are very close. But trust me, Decebal wouldn’t get rid of you anyway, I think he has the same respect for you as you do for him. Maybe even more.” I gave Anghel a smile and nudge with my shoulder, feeling that I would get along with him.

I had just opened my mouth to ask him more about what Decebal did when there was a massive explosion in front of us, the car we had travelled in ignited as it flew up in the air. The force of the blast knocked the both of us back, slamming my body into a steel pole where I felt bones break on impact. The air whooshed from my lungs, stars dancing teasingly behind my eyelids as my whole body shut down on itself. From then everything was more or less a blur.

It was like looking through misted glass or being drunk after a long night out. My legs wobbled as did my body as I made myself move through the carnage to find everyone and make sure they were safe. There were car pieces everywhere, people screaming and running in different directions as fire consumed the surrounding area. The smell of burning skin and metal filled my sense and I wanted to gag, but knew that I had to make sure everyone was okay first. I was their Luna after all.

“Rose!” I heard a voice call and saw Cosmina sitting up, her fingers searching the ground around her for some kind of life or even something for her to find out what was going on. The poor girl would be in a world of confusion right now and rightly so. I got closer to her before seeing a hand reach over and grasp tightly to hers, pulling her into their arms so much that I lost sight of her. I quickened my pace, hoping that she wasn’t taken by a foe, but found her to be nestled against Anghel as he brushed her hair away from her face and checked her for injuries as she wept into his skin. I sighed in relief and managed to catch his eye over her shoulder, receiving a nod and sigh of relief from him.

With the two of them out of the way I was in the process of searching for the others when a set of arms quickly grabbed hold of me and I was turned to face Decebal, a completely clean and looking just as hot as he was before the explosion Decebal. He must have still been inside when it all happened.

“Are you okay my love?” he asked, frantically searching my face and over my body for any sign of injury. I could see every wince as he found a new one and knew that things weren’t looking good for me at the moment. I knew bones were broken, mainly ribs and an arm somewhere. I could feel burns and cuts and bruises, the main cut slicing down my face. It wasn’t the injuries that I could feel, but the blood and twinges here and there. I just needed to make sure everyone else is okay.

“The others…” I pulled away from him abruptly and ran around the scene, searching for what I didn’t know.

“Rose - ”

“Not now!” I cut him off, not caring if I was being rude at this point. I needed to make sure Christian was okay.

“Rose - ” he tried again before I rounded on him, forgetting my frantic search to scathe him with my hardest glare.

“Just shut up Decebal! I am trying to make sure everyone is okay, and considering they’re your family and there are pregnant people involved I think that is a priority, don’t you?” I raised my eyebrow and tried to look intimidating. I could see it was slightly working by the way he shifted uneasily on his feet. But then he seemed to shake out of it and he got pissed, advancing towards me and grabbing hold on my shoulders.

“Rosalinda! I am trying to tell you that it was only you and Anghel really close enough to be hurt. The rest of them were in bathrooms or behind you guys. Cosmina is in shock but I know Anghel will help her. Now let’s stop arguing about meaningless shit and find out who did this before I really blow my cap. They tried to kill you and most likely me and I don’t take kindly to threats of this kind.”

With that he turned and walked away from me, not waiting, not letting me apologise, nothing. Asshole.

“Decebal…” I called after his retreating form, watching as he halted and turned to look at me. I knew that I looked a pitiful sight, the fight leaving me and being replaced by fear and pain as it laced its way through my body until I could feel nothing else.

“Damnit Rose!” he cursed and before I could blink he had be scooped up in his arms and resting against his chest as he tried to be careful to not jolt my battered body too much. As much as I wanted to put on a brave face I was in a lot of pain, my adrenaline had worn off and that was basically what I was functioning off when looking for my injured family.

Yes they are my family, now and forever as far as I was concerned. And as Decebal said, they were all unharmed and waiting impatiently for the two of us to join them up near the entrance to the food joint we had just left, all partnered up and using each other as support as they waited for the two of us to come out and join them. Cosmina looked a little battered, but I knew it was more to do with shock that any injury she may have sustained from flying shrapnel. I was curious though as to how she was separated from whoever would have been with her, and as far as I could guess it would have been Christian since Anghel was with me.

“Oh thank goodness you’re alright Rose!”

Voices surrounded me but I zoned out, the pain and fear consuming me until I lost all consciousness. I could hear Decebal calling for me, but try as I might, I couldn’t bring myself back.