Chapter 5

Jessica's POV

It's strange being back in the town I used to call home. But it doesn't feel like home anymore. Looking out the apartment window I saw the lights of the city. I had the urge to fight, I hadn't fought much at all since I left but I still trained like crazy. I subconsciously ran my fingers over my scarred knuckles. I went to pick up my phone to call someone to try finding a fight but I froze. I couldn't do this, they probably already know I'm here and I don't want to draw any more attention to myself. The quicker I deal with the gang, the quicker I get to leave.

I opened the door and instantly the smell of food hit me. I quickly made my way to the kitchen where I saw Tris and Zeke.

"Told you she would come out when she smelled food." Tris said while sticking her tongue out.

"Whatever." Zeke said while handing her $5.

"You guys bet on if I would come out when I smelled food." I asked incredulously.

They both just shrugged and I laughed. I walked past the two idiots and to the stove where some pasta was cooking. I forgot how good of a cook Zeke was. This would be way better than anything my grandpa or I could cook. In another saucepan there was chicken and some vegetables cooking too. I grabbed the spoon sitting next to the food and lifted the lid to try a bite, but right before I could eat it the spoon got smacked out of my hand.

"Don't touch my food before it's finished." Zeke said with a glare.

"YOU DID NOT JUST SLAP THAT FOOD OUT OF MY HAND!" I yelled before punching him in the stomach.

"Fight, fight, fight. Woo this is gonna be good." Tris said while laughing.

"Okay that's enough, I don't want my food to be burned." Deke said while lifting me off of Zeke, who I had knocked to the floor and punched continuously in the stomach.

"Knock knock, open the door guys." I heard Easton say.

"Yeah I can smell food." said Ella.

"I want food let me in." Ashton said while knocking louder.

"Oh shit." Zeke and Deke said while looking from me to the door.

I gestured for them to open the door and then I ran quickly to my room and locked the door. I could hear all my friends talking and then I heard Clayton. I froze instantly when footsteps started coming my way. But I calmed down when the door to the bathroom shut.

"Why in the world do you have makeup in your bathroom?" I heard Ashton ask and I silently cursed.

"It's mine, I've been staying with them." Tris said quickly.

"Why are you staying with them?" Ashton asked.

"Tris and I are dating." Zeke blurted out. I could hear the collective gasps of all my friends.

"Woohoo y'all bitches owe me money." Ella said excitedly, "I so called it."

"What the fuck, you made a bet on me and Zeke dating." Tris asked.

"Well duh the sexual tension between you to was suffocating." Ella answered.

Finally after about an hour everyone else left and I walked out of the room.

"Congratulations on dating each other." I said to Zeke and Tris.

"Fuck off." They both said to me as I laughed.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a plate of food and Deke followed. I'm kinda hoping for them to actually work out, I think they would be cute together. Plus Ella was so true about the sexual tension between those two. Deke grabbed me a plate from the cabinet and I quickly served up a heap of food.

"We should bother them more about it." Deke said quietly trying not to let them hear us, I nodded my head, I had the perfect idea.

"YOU TWO BE GOOD IN THERE I DON'T WANT ANY LITTLE SPAWNS OF YOU TWO RUNNING AROUND HERE ANYTIME SOON." I yelled before grabbing my food and running to my room and locking the door.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH." Tris yelled while trying to open my door. I giggled and sat down on the bed. I missed having them around. I'm glad I get to hang out with them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

New chapter, I really hope you guys like it. I'm sorry I've been gone so long but life is crazy.

Laters Peeps 🐣❤️