Chapter 4

Jessica's POV

     I looked out the window as the plane started to land, my stomach clenched. As we touched down a sense of unease washed over me. I was worried that somehow the others found out and tried involving themselves. I couldn't let another person die for my mistakes. My mind flashed to Maverick and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

I grabbed my luggage and walked to where Zeke said he would be waiting. I saw his car and started walking up but froze as soon as I saw her. Trish punched Zeke in the shoulder and he flinched away from her. My best friend was standing right there and I couldn't move. I didn't want to lose Trish too, I couldn't involve her.

Trish glanced over and saw me, the smile on her face grew as she ran to hug me. I hugged her and we stood there for a couple minutes. Once she pulled away she slapped me right in the face.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked her.

"That's for leaving and not saying anything you're lucky that Zeke told me you were coming or else I would've hurt you worse."she said angrily.

     "I don't want you to get hurt Trish, I can't risk your life again." I said.

     "Well that's too bad, because I'm here to stay." she said.

     She grabbed my suitcase and put it in the trunk before getting in the front seat leaving me to get in the back. Zeke started the car and before I knew it we were already at the apartment Zeke and Deke called home.

     I walked in the front door and all the memories came flooding back. I remember training for a fight I wasn't sure I would win. The pang in my heart reminded me of all my friends. I bet Clayton has a girlfriend who treats him well and who gets along with everybody and they probably don't even remember me.

     "So are you gonna tell everybody else that you're back." Trish asked while raiding the fridge for any food she could find.

     "No, I don't want to get involved in my shit again. I'm not going to risk their lives." I said, grabbing a grape from her hand and popping it in my mouth before she could take it back.

     "They're gonna find out eventually, you know that right?" She commented throwing a grape at me that I caught perfectly in my mouth.

     "I'll face them if that happens but I'm not dragging them into my problems again." I said.

     Trish was right, I couldn't be in the same town as them and avoid them forever. A part of wanted them to find me. I didn't want to hide from the people who make me happy. But that's what I do, I distance myself from them that way they don't get hurt. Or maybe I'm trying to keep myself from getting hurt too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Woot woot another chapter. I hope you guys like it. I'm feeling inspired to write so I'm probably going to be updating a lot more now.

Laters Peeps🐣❤️