Fall ↠ Oikawa Tooru

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, mam." He doesn't bother correcting her on the former misconception, as he pushes aside the curtains to reveal her.

He lets out a sigh of relief when he spots that a bit more of colour had returned to her body. Her (hair/c) is still a mess, spread like a halo on the pillow; her eyes still tired and droopy.

But she's breathing normally, and as she manages a tiny smile on her face, he finds himself relax. "You're the one who brought me here, yes?"

"Oikawa Tooru. Majoring in medicine."

She lets out a weak chuckle. "I know. You're quite popular, even outside of your major. I'm (L/N) (F/N). Art."

"(L/N)-san... What happened?"

She flinches slightly, and he barely gets to catch the small movement her body made. He sees it, though, and his eyes narrow.

"Lack of sleep. I don't really drink caffeine, and I've been staying up late to finish my projects. Of course, my body probably hasn't adjusted to how little sleep I've been getting."

He allows that answer. For now.

"Well, please take care of yourself from now on! When I see you the next time, I don't want you fainting into my arms or anything, okay?" He gives a silly grin, as he stalks off.

Something just doesn't add up in her story.

---

As much as possible, he keeps an eye on her. And he lets himself believe that she was fine. Her lips would stretch into grins, and her eyes of (eye/c) seemed to twinkle in delight. Her laugh would resonate in his ears, and he convinces himself

she's fine.

But when they brush shoulders in crowded hallways, and her eyes stray away from her friends to meet his own, letting him wonder what lay beneath a bright smile.

Eyebags still dark and deep.

When he sees her alone in the library, a pile of books and her laptop occupy the table, and he wonders if she's keeping her promise.

He wants to figure her out. So when he's unsatisfied with watching her from a distance, he finds himself skipping volleyball practice. His hand slams against her table, smile present, but eyes cold and strict.

"Well look who we have here. Studying again?" (F/N) jolts in her chair, and he chuckles at her surprised gaze.

"Hello Oikawa. I don't see you around the library much."

"Sometimes I borrow books here, but I mostly study in my room." He nods. "I see. You're an art major, though. What will reading do for you?"

"There are such things as art books, you know. They give me inspiration, and teach you techniques... and stuff."

She trails off, unable to think of something to say. He fills in the gaps for her. "I guess? But geez, you sure got a whopping amount of books here. We're only one month in the first term, you know. Do you really need to look into that much references?" With a sheepish grin, she replies softly.

"Well, if I want to be successful, I have to study harder than anyone. Especially since I'm an art major."

He hums. "That's true. But still, a pretty lady such as yourself needs to let loose a bit more." He finds it amusing to see a red flush rise in her cheeks.

"Pretty? Don't say things you don't mean, Oikawa." She tries to go back to reading her book, but Oikawa simply walks behind her seat and pulls it away from her. "I mean it. Now come on, I know this great coffee shop."